newbie question alert...

-

noe

Reaction score
Hi, I'm based in NS and I've seen a '67 Satellite for sale at what seems like a good price that's really tempting me.

I've never owned anything that old...mainly early 80's VW's (whilst living in the UK where parts are plentiful), so I'm completely out of my comfort zone here.

I realize this is A-bodies only...but I was wondering how difficult parts are to find in Canada for Mopars of this age, especially consumables like brakes, shocks etc.?

TIA

You'd be surprised what your local parts stores can order. Carquest, Napa, etc. are pretty good. Having a good counter guy is the key. If there aren't any decent one local to you, rockauto.com is an excellent online source with great prices. Canadian Tire can also get the job done sometimes, again with the right person behind the counter.

Thanks for the quick replies and suggestions.

I was looking on rockauto and I'm amazed how reasonably priced service parts are compared to my 2004 Saab 9-5.

Hi. Welcome to the site. If that is the same Satellite that I think it is ( a red one ) do your home work. I don't know the car other than the pictures I've seen but its missing all the chrome trim that a Satellite is supposed to have. Maybe he has it all and the car might be in great shape, I don't know. Google 1967 Satellite or check the b-body site to see what its supposed to look like. Good luck Bobby

Hi, thanks for the heads up. Yes it probably is the same one on kijiji and it does look like it's missing the chrome now you mention it. I did a google and there's so many different styles out there, some with lots of chrome, some with not etc.

I've recently changed jobs so I'm permanently working from home now instead of commuting to Halifax every day, so the plan for me is to have a car I've always wanted as apposed to something i need. Technically whatever I get will be a daily driver, although I'll be driving once a month as a necessity.....and probably every other opportunity just for fun :)

Having a show car isn't high on my priority list, as long as it's all there and works, that's fine for me.

How big a deal is it to get the trim pieces....just cost or rare...or both?

I'm planning on taking a look, is there anything specific on these cars I should be careful to check ?

Thanks a lot

-
Back