Newbie with questions

-

moparsons

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm Andy. I was referred over here from dodgecharger.com. I just picked a couple 69 darts(a 4 door driver and a 2 door that needs a lot).I will have many questions along the way and was told this is the place to be.:notworth:

First questions.....What all do I need to do to swap to the bigger bolt pattern....just new axels and drill out the drums?

Also.... What is involved in swapping from a 273 to a big block? Can I use my K member? Mounts/adapters? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Also....I will get them home this weekend......and yes, I'll post pics:thumleft:

Welcome aboard!:evil2:
Big -bolt swap you will need the upper control arms,spindles and lower ball joints from a 73 or later A-body. Rears you will need big-bolt axles for an A-body and either drill out your drums or replace them with drums and backing plates from a big-bolt car.
Engine swap you can use your K-member but you'll need the conversion mounts from Schumacher.
You'll have to notch the left motor mount on the K-member to clear the oil pump.

Cool to have ya.
So it's an 8 3/4 rear?
Moser Engineering has the BBP axles but they aren't cheap.
New axles are 300 I think from there.
You can get 200 dollar ones but they use the "green" ball bearings.
Drilling yours out is an option, but people say that leaves less metal between the stud hole and the edge.

Welcome aboard!:evil2:
Big -bolt swap you will need the upper control arms,spindles and lower ball joints from a 73 or later A-body. Rears you will need big-bolt axles for an A-body and either drill out your drums or replace them with drums and backing plates from a big-bolt car.
Engine swap you can use your K-member but you'll need the conversion mounts from Schumacher.
You'll have to notch the left motor mount on the K-member to clear the oil pump.

:thumbrig: Got her dun.

Do you play chess Evilscamp:toothy2:.

-
Back