Newby duster bumper questions

-

Navy_Chief

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Looking at buying my first duster it is a 1974 still working details out don't have car yet. I can not stand the front and rear bumpers on the 74's will any earlier bumpers fit the car?
Thanks

Hi,

Just curious if you have already purchase the car? I own one that I have done allot of work to and plan to sale.

If you haven't bought the car yet, you may want to look at my Duster. It has a 416 cu stroker engine with only a few (5 1/4 mile passes on it) I was planning to make it a strip show car.

-Dave

Hey Brother,
I'm new to Dusters and Mopar so don't have much advice yet but I can say I've seen people just remove the bumperettes, I don't think it looks bad. Not sure about the rear, I can take measurements off of my 71 if ya need em.
Rich, CPO retired, Whidbey

Hey Brother,
I'm new to Dusters and Mopar so don't have much advice yet but I can say I've seen people just remove the bumperettes, I don't think it looks bad. Not sure about the rear, I can take measurements off of my 71 if ya need em.
Rich, CPO retired, Whidbey

Rich,
That would be great!
Matt Retired ITC(SW/AW/NAC)

Rich,

I replaced my front bumper with a fiberglass unit for $100 from Unlimited Products(PL-310). Easy to install. For the back I just removed the bumperettes and took the back brackets off the car, then cut out the shock absorbing pieces that were attached. This eliminated about 15 pounds from the car if I recall and it allowed me to move the rear bumper closer to the body.

-
Back