Newcomer from Modesto, CA

-
wassup zach! im proud of you for joining up! haha

This has to be Earl. Hey buddy!

Earl is one of the guys that got me into the Mopar scene. He also just helped another friend take the 318 out of my Dart for me. I'm not sure if they were just being nice, or if they feared I'd break the crap out of it in my own efforts. :p

Welcome aboard! I lived in Modesto in the 60's as a young kid (Where were you in '62?). 5806 Beckwith Road was home and Salinas (sp?) grade school if I remember right. Nothing but corn, walnut trees, watermelon and grapes back in the day. What's it look like now?

Let's see... in '62 I was being born 20 years later. Haha!

Beckwith is now mostly Standiford going through town. Out West of Highway 99 is still Beckwith and mostly it is orchards and such. But Modesto reaches out east all the way to Roselle, and a bit further in some areas. It's radically different than even 20 years ago when I was a kid here.

I'll be posting pics as soon as I get the new 318 into the Dart. There will be some before, some while the engine bay is empty, and some after pics. Sorry for the delay, I just like to make sure I'm suited to a moving project as opposed to posting and pausing for weeks at a time.

Where were you in '62? is a reference to the movie: American Graffiti, in case you didn't already know that...

-
Back