Newer 2 bolt aluminum master cylinder for BB A-body

-

mopower440

Reaction score
I want to buy the aluminum 2 bolt later model master cylinder to use on my 440 dart, along with the offset adapter.. My car has MANUAL brakes and all the cars that used the newer 2 bolt master had power brakes, so the 2 bolt wont have the recess in it for the rubber oring that holds the pushrod in..? I know doctor diff has them made for manual brakes but does anyone know of one of the later model cars that used this MC AND had manual brakes and would have the recess for the rubber oring?
Next question..The lines that go to my original MC have flare fitting sizes of 9/16-18 and the other is 1/2-20..The newer 2 bolts MC ports are both 7/16-20..SO, how do i adapt my lines to the newer MC without cutting and flaring?

Last edited:
I was also wanting to use the offset adapter to move the MC away from the fenderwell headers, but looks like that will just make it closer to the top header tube. Crap.
MC&headers.jpeg

I got my 2 wilwood 2 bolt and offset plate from RMS. I'd give him a call.

Please tell me why the offset is desired.

I used the Dr Diff alu master cylinder in my 1968 Dart 383 with 440Source valve covers & TTI 2" headers.

68 Dart Dr Diff Master cylinder.jpg

Why not just put a heat shield under the master?

Cant u modify something like this ?
I know this is for a booster but with a little thinking Maybe ?

20190521_083159.jpg

Last edited:
I could always sell u mine . If the need be ?
send me a pm about it. That could help me out a bunch in getting it raised up.. just wondering how to use my manual pushrod with it..?

Pm'd
I believe it has a pin for it

20190521_095820.jpg

looking at your pic, if the offset adapter moves the master sideways (but the wrong way for you) can't you fit the adapter upside down so the master moves closer to the motor and away from the header?
neil.

looking at your pic, if the offset adapter moves the master sideways (but the wrong way for you) can't you fit the adapter upside down so the master moves closer to the motor and away from the header?
neil.
well, i dont want to move it towards the engine because i plan on getting the taller valve covers.

i revert to my original suggestion then, offset the master upwards not sideways. geometry wise it's be easier to do as well.
neil.

As far as the two pics above, all cars don't have that much room. I have raised port heads on my 440/505 , and had to mill the lower fin off the drivers side valve cover , even w/ the off set adapt and later master cyl..

I have seen a couple of cars with the master moved up on to the top studs then they drilled the two top holes and used bolts and nuts. Sorry I didn’t get any pics. Kim

Last edited:
I have see a couple of cars with the master moved up on to the top studs then they drilled the two top holes and used bolts and nuts. Sorry I didn’t get any pics. Kim
I wonder how the pushrod works with that kind of an angle? Sounds like a good idea if the angle would still work..

I have the same issue but much worse... I'm going to fab up a wedge to tilt the master upwards

-
Back