Newer Hemi in an A-Body

-

Elwood67

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys have put in a newer 5.7 Hemi, (345 cu in) out of a 02' or newer Ram pickup in your A body? I just thought about this. Stock HP rated at 345, or one per cube. I imagine lighter weight than a big block too. I see on line junkyard listings here in Ohio starting around $1,800-$2,000 for a complete engine. Any issues doing this? Anybody have any pics? Thanks......

There is a forum on this site dedicated to it.....

They are lighter than an LA. You can buy mounts to do the swap directly. LA bolt pattern to bell is used with a special conversion flexplate that goes to 727 trans and gives the correct positioning.

I don't think you can use power brakes. Bouchillon makes an oil filter angle adapter. The filter is at the front pass side and needs to clear the K frame.

They used to use AEM ECU with ford pinout on the crate harnesses. They do something else now that is a little more drop in and go friendly, but you may still need to dyno map & tune AFR if you go with a stand-alone ECU. Factory ECU controls other stuff you won't need and wires are in the wrong places, wrong lengths.

Check out http://www.bpeusa.com/

-
Back