next part, valve question

-

moparjr

Reaction score
i have a dual master cylinder, got a dad who will bend lines, do i need a brass block and proportioning valve, or will a proportioning valve do the job. here is what i did, disc conversion, single res gone, the car has no lines or left over parts for the brake line assemblies.......

You can put a "T" in the line right after it comes out of the master cylinder for the front brakes, then when you run the brake lines from the master cylinder for the rear, add an adjustable proportional valve in the rear brake line. I use this set up with four wheel disc brakes and it work great.

A proportioning valve limits brake fluid flow to brakes. The factory mopar A-body brake valve is not a proportioning valve. It's just a distribution block and safety valve. It provides the needed dual output to both front wheels and if you pop a brake line either leading to the front or back the valve inside diverts all the brake fluid to the good side. Some blocks also have a residual pressure valve built in to hold a little pressure on the rear brakes so the pedal isn't as spongy. You don't need it, as 68dodge pointed out, but since it has the built in safety section it's nice to have.

-
Back