NFL Playoff/Superbowl Pool?

-

RTom

Depressingly A-Bodyless..
Reaction score
So, I set up a playoff/superbowl pool at work and thought it might be fun to do one on here. After this Sunday, the top 6 ranked teams in the NFC and AFC will be finalized so you will know who will play who next weekend. In each conference, 1 & 2 have a bye the first week. Team #3 plays #6 and #4 plays #5. The following week, # 1 will then play the lowest ranked remaing team, and #2 will play the second lowest ranked remaning team. The following week the two remaing teams in each conference will play each other to determine conference champion and who is going to the super bowl.

At work, I have it set up where the 'buy-in' is $10. Points are accrued by prediciting the winner of each game correctly. 1 point for each correct pick in week 1, then 2 points for week 2, then 3 points for week 3 and picking the super bowl champ correctly is 5 points. Any ties are split by the humber of higher point games chosen correctly ( if there is still a tie,then the pot is split ) The payout is: 1st - 70% 2nd - 20% and 3rd - 10%.

I don't think I left anything out. If this is something that sounds interesting enough to enough people on here, I'll start an official thread for people to join on Sunday night/monday morning.

RTom

I forgot to mention that, if there was enough interest in this, we'd have to have all of the brackets in before next weekend...

I'll post my paypal email on here but I think I'll wait til after the last game tomorrow so I can start the new thread with all of the bracket info ( I don't want to lose anyones info ), but I've got you marked down as in :cheers:

can you buy more than 10.00 in the pool. I use to get in them pools and would buy so many.

I think it'd be easist now to just limit it to $10 per person

I'll pm you guys when I"m ready to get everything set up...

the other thread is up now guys, the table format didn't go in the way I wanted so not sure about that...

-
Back