NHRA Nostalgia drag racing

-

Heywodja

The Heartbeat Stops Here
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If you have a Samsung smart TV channel 1193 on the Samsung Plus APP has vintage drag racing all day long!

image.jpg

I don't like watching drag racing for long periods of time, after awhile it gets boring.

I don't like watching drag racing for long periods of time, after awhile it gets boring.
Sure it does, but there is a lot of cool stuff to see, especially the crowds. Todays events barely get a few hundred people

Sure it does, but there is a lot of cool stuff to see, especially the crowds. Todays events barely get a few hundred people
There is a lot of cool stuff. I don't know what is causing the popularity of drag racing to drop off so much? I don't know how stock car racing is going. With attendance dropping off like it is, I wonder how much longer the sport will even be around. I have 2 grandsons and one I think is going to build some sort of kit car with his dad the other one has no interest in cars what so ever. If the younger generation doesn't have any interest in the hobby how is it going to go on?

It does seem that the sport of drag racing has reached rock bottom, many places cannot afford the insurance or maintenance on the facilities.

Regulators are making it harder to do business.

Nascar seems to be dead on the vine as well.

It does seem that the sport of drag racing has reached rock bottom, many places cannot afford the insurance or maintenance on the facilities.

Regulators are making it harder to do business.

Nascar seems to be dead on the vine as well.
Car shows will start becoming the thing of the past in the next couple of years, it's not negativity but unfortunately fact. This upcoming generation are tree huggers and they are supporters of going green

TV deals, that's what's keeping nascar alive. I know the stands are packed at Brainerd for the national NHRA event, often times selling out on Saturday.

There are more car shows on tv than ever, they wouldn't be on if they weren't getting decent ratings.

It sucks idiots move in near a dragstrip and complain, do some research about where you're considering moving to before getting mad at an existing facility. I'm glad we have multiple circle tracks in the area, they recently reopened the go-kart track in the town south of me, and had a good turnout all season. Wish I could buy a new on of land and build a quarter mile track. What's that lotto jackpot at? :lol:

Couple friends and I are heading to The March Meet at Famoso the first weekend of March. It's funny, at The March Meet you can hardly get me out of the bleachers with dynamite :lol: . If I go to Pomona for the Winters or the World Finals, soon as Pro Stock rolls out, it's time for a beer break :lol: I didn't used to be that way, but with ALL the PSers looking the same, boooooring.

TV deals, that's what's keeping nascar alive. I know the stands are packed at Brainerd for the national NHRA event, often times selling out on Saturday.

There are more car shows on tv than ever, they wouldn't be on if they weren't getting decent ratings.

It sucks idiots move in near a dragstrip and complain, do some research about where you're considering moving to before getting mad at an existing facility. I'm glad we have multiple circle tracks in the area, they recently reopened the go-kart track in the town south of me, and had a good turnout all season. Wish I could buy a new on of land and build a quarter mile track. What's that lotto jackpot at? :lol:
I was talking about car shows that people can go to. The one's on the tv are cool but favor the high dollar vehicles.

I was talking about car shows that people can go to. The one's on the tv are cool but favor the high dollar vehicles.
Gotcha. There's a decent amount of shows for me within two hours time. I know of two or three a month spring through fall, and could probably find more if I tried. There's a weekly cruise in that draws up to 750 cars in a small town an hour away. I live out in the country and don't mind the drive, it's why I got the cars. When I lived in the metro area, I knew of car shows/cruise ins happening every Monday through Friday within 30 miles. I don't see them going away any time soon. YRMV

-
Back