Nice day at Garlits

-

1969383S

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am enjoying my Florida trip and as always met lots of good folks at the 33rd Mopar at Garlits event!

Cars and vendors are down from my 2015 visit, but the enthusiastic crowd were there strong and said screw Covid! Nice to go to a show for a change, in this totally awful Year! Met lots of good car loving folks today!

They let us leave our cars in our trailers on site. Which will make it easy after today’s show. Going back in the morning and no straps to deal with. Will show up a little later after a good hearty breakfast!

Yellow 440 ‘Cuda was a clone but the W1 340/4spd was not! big daddy signed both of them!

F95FD253-7BFA-403A-9ABB-7E31236D7A8B.jpeg

Last edited:
Gotta love a real 340 ‘Cuda stick car! I would love to drive it! Best balance for our “A” s.

Look forward to tomorrow at Garlits and FMA next week!

And my Gators busted some Dawgs today! What could be better! Mopars and sorry Dawgs!

What could be better!

Dawsonville Georgia was blessed today. Chase Elliott won The NASCAR championship! I was fortunate to score a first place trophy in A Bodies at the rejuvenated Mopars at Big Daddy’s.

Chases Trophy is much nicer and certainly a heck of a lot more prestigious! But a great day for North Georgia, never mind my Gators Chewing on them Dawgs last night! Not sure why I choose my shirt today, other than yesterday was Hot and thought a lighter color was best!

Thus far I am really enjoying my November in Florida! Next Week the FMA show!

A191E1A0-24F6-4C7C-9698-45AE94BB1DC1.jpeg

Last edited:
Big shout out to the young Chase Elliott!

We named our Last Dauchsund after him and the good boy passed at 16 years. He loved sitting out in the garage!

Last edited:
Chase with his sitter from next door! I miss him!

A5ED6119-8AC0-40CA-8A63-6BAEB1E8CE4A.jpeg

I miss shows by a day all the time. One day ill make 1

There was a sweet 67 Dart there that was originally from Texas and the front was moved about 4” forward and the rear 12” forward, I know that is more your speed! Sorry no pics! He scored a First place today as well!

Last edited:
By they way “Big Daddy” looks Fantastic for his age and was a joy to talk to and share stories with! He is very articulate!

I particularly enjoyed the story about the HEMI powered air siren he has from the Cold War 50’s that came up!

It came off the Jai Alai facility in Miami!

Last edited:
He claims he is going to put it in the field next year and fire it off!

For your taste I think.

Parked next to me at the FMA show. Late model Hemi and dual Fitechs!

Ex racer and big wheel moves! Very nice car! And ghost stripes.

6C5B6487-8A46-4295-8B7C-741AAF5769C1.jpeg

-
Back