nice replacement garage door remote.

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

I have an older genie GT912 screw drive type 390mhz garage door opener. The old clunky 912 remotes for it have started giving me problems, i swapped new switches into the controllers as the old ones got to where you had to push hard to open or close the door. These remotes use the 12 dip switches you program for the code.

I got on the net to buy replacement genie 912 remotes and found out these have been discontinued. I looked on evilbay and found these going for $80 to $100 as NOS. Screw that noise. I found these nifty little key fob sized remotes from transmitter solutions. The firefly390 for $12.99. tho i have seen these on Amazon too. Apparantly theres a whole slew of 390mhz remotes these are designed to replace. I bought 2 of these, set the dip switches, installed the batteries, they work great. Now i have a transmitter i dont have to leave in my car and can keep on my keychain.

Now granted my garage door opener is not a new rolling code digital type, but i was able to find a good cheap better solution to buying overpriced discontinued clunky assed genie remotes.

Hope this helps someone out
Matt

-
Back