Nice to see we're not the only ones helping.....

-

Useless

Reaction score
So I've had a few VW's over the years and have one as my daily driver now. Of course like most car guys, sometimes you need a little technical help and these days one of the best ways to get it is an internet forum.

Thus I'm a member of a few other forums to keep my junk running, one of them being VWVortex; Vortex is a funny site, it can be incredibly helpful and one of the most valuable resources for help and information on these cars and it can also be the most BS fueled place you can imagine, especially on the newer car forums which typically are full of youngin's.....man...threads seem to go downhill quick. I don't spend a lot of time there anymore because of this, though I do check in from time to time.

So you can imagne my shock when I check in today and see them coming together and helping a member of the community much in the same way FABO did MeMike! I honestly didn't believe it to be possible from this bunch, just goes to show that even those whom don't seem possible of caring for anyone but themselves can shape up and get their act together to help out a fellow comrade.

Just thought you guys might like to know and maybe it'll inspire someone else to help out.

Linky Link:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3892239

I dunno. Sounds like there are a couple of sick forks over there. "I'll send you money in trade for some pics of human carnage"

That ain't right

I dunno. Sounds like there are a couple of sick forks over there. "I'll send you money in trade for some pics of human carnage"

That ain't right

Yeah, just another example of the kiddies coming in and saying something for shock factor and attention to get a thread that doesn't center around them shut down. They weren't serious, they said it to get a reaction, which is what happened.

I'm not sure if you got the whole story while you were there but the guy Murad is an Iraqi and is having a hard time finding parts in Iraq for his VW. In another thread someone volunteered to send him some of the the parts he needed and the ball got rolling with other donations. The guy designated to collect the paypal ended up getting sketchy after he got the cash by not checking in and seeming avoiding people. Murad got worried that eveyone was getting scammed and would post up every day or so that he was worried and asking if anyone had heard from the guy, which of course pissed off the normal BS'ers and E-thugers who can't stand anything of substance and not about them being posted (which is why they started crap in this thread). The paypal guy got mad and refunded one guy his money and kept the rest ($75 or so), so yeah... the worries were confirmed.

It's really sad that they started crap and got this new thread shut down too, keeping those who wanted to help from doing it. I do believe he will get his parts though, there were enough decent people there to get things together.

Just another shining example of how a lot of other car forums work and how lucky we are to have FABO!

-
Back