Nitro axles....any good?

-
Went on their website and they seem to be more 4X4 stuff than anything. Perhaps that is why most of the guys here have not heard of them. Does not mean that their stuff is not good quality !!

www.nitro-gear.com

They seem to have a lot of things for Mopars on their web page.

Ok, I have heard of Nitro Gear stuff. I don't know much about them but I clicked on the link and read about their axles and they have the exact same description (1541 material and claim to be up to 30% stronger than stock axles) as the Yukon axles so many people sell. If I were interested in replacement axles with a lower cost axle (compared to Moser's, etc) I'd price check them against Yukon's at places like Mancini's and Dr. Diff. I even saw some on E-bay that were no names that had the exact same description. I may be wrong but my guess is they probably all come from the same Chinese factory.

I'm with fishy68, check out the origin of the axles. Anything out of China is probably a POS.

Yukon is made in India FWIW.

Now you got me wondering. I have always heard they were a Chinese outfit but after you posted this I Googled them to see what I could find. Everything I found says their headquartered in Everett WA. But, I find no mention of where the parts are actually made. Where did you hear/read their made in India? Thanks

I have a friend that used to work at HQ. Supposedly they chose to make them in India because they could get good quality at a lower price than USA made. I am not a fan of out sourcing, but at least it isn't Chinese junk. India does a lot of metal production that is supposedly high quality. It all depends in the factory though. Contracts dictate quality.

I have a friend that used to work at HQ. Supposedly they chose to make them in India because they could get good quality at a lower price than USA made. I am not a fan of out sourcing, but at least it isn't Chinese junk. India does a lot of metal production that is supposedly high quality. It all depends in the factory though. Contracts dictate quality.

Ok. I assume when you say HQ your talking about Yukon's head quarters?

-
Back