NJ Lost Title

-

blackace

The KING of flats
Reaction score
Any guys here from Jersey every try to title a vehicle with a lost title? Anyone know what you have to do, how long it takes? I recently acquired a car but has no title and NO its not stolen. LOL!

Just wondering what the process was and how difficult it was get?

OH BOY!! I just noticed this is my 666 th post.

So you bought the car without a title ? If so, and if it was titled in NJ before, you will need to have the prior owner (who's name is still on the title) go to DMV and fill out paperwork to get a duplicate title. Then, it can be transfered to you...it is a pain in the ***. My father had to do that with a car he bought a few years ago.

A friend of mine gave a 68 camaro that he bought a few years ago as a parts car for his camaro project. He sold his project and the other was just sitting. He knows I am into cars too and asked if I wanted it. I checked the vin to make sure that it wasn't stolen and it's good. Unfortunately he has had it so long that I don't the think person who it is registered under has the title.

In ny......photo of vin, take a pencil and paper and rub so you can read vin.....take to dip craps at DMV and file for lost title..you will need a bill of sale from your neighbor you bought it from LOL

-
Back