No 2nd gear

-

Moparornocar51

Reaction score
Hi guys i have a 727tf behind my 426sb with 600hp, today i make a test round around 100miles and back because i wanna sell my car, the trans is like new i made some 1/4mile runs last year, around 4 times nothing much

And today when i drove the 100miles the car shifts in every gear i didnt drive fast, just 2 or 3times i push the pedal to the floor from 1to 2nd gear.
I have a reverse manual valve body and the 2nd gear goes in but when i try to push the pedal it feels like you are in neutral when i got around 3000rpm the car goes forward, so every gear works well just the second not, i hope the trans is not gone, i hope u guys can help me, to low oil in the trans is not impossible right? i think i would have problems then in every gear, but will check that tomorrow again

thx Peter

Ah crap, it sounds like a fried front band.
It's possible that the band bent, or the servo broke, or even low on fluid, but tries to go with enough throttle is a pretty bad sign.

Even if it was low on fluid causing it to slip it doesn't take much slip to burn the band.

Pull the pan and take a look at the band and apply servo for it.
But I'd be willing to bet you see a bent or broken band.

The strut from the application lever is a common failure. You can get an aftermarket one that is stronger if that is your problem. Good luck

Hi guys i just start my engine again and tried to go forward with the 2nd gear, the car move forward slowly just with more gas

so i put it in the garage and let it run warm, put the shifter in neutral and checked for fluid, there was nothing to see, now i put a bit more then a half liter in and its on full now, then i drove the car about 10meters back out of the garage and shift into the 2nd gear, i also tried a short burn out in 2nd gear then it works well now, but i still hope that was it, if something is loosen or broken it wouldnt work i guess.

thx for ur answers Peter

Hi guys i just start my engine again and tried to go forward with the 2nd gear, the car move forward slowly just with more gas

so i put it in the garage and let it run warm, put the shifter in neutral and checked for fluid, there was nothing to see, now i put a bit more then a half liter in and its on full now, then i drove the car about 10meters back out of the garage and shift into the 2nd gear, i also tried a short burn out in 2nd gear then it works well now, but i still hope that was it, if something is loosen or broken it wouldnt work i guess.

thx for ur answers Peter

Huh, usually reverse is the first to go because of low fluid.
Hope you never have an issue with it again.

Yes i just thought maybe the 2nd gear need more pressure then the others, it was curios but im happy now that it work well again

-
Back