No connector for wiper motor

-

mahalia

Reaction score
I just installed an aftermarket cardone two-speed wiper motor in my '75 Swinger, and I don't have a connector. The last motor (which may or may not be original) was essentially attached with some duct tape, solder and a piece of chewing gum.

I've got a red, green, brown and blue wire and four prongs and all the little electrical connectors I need to fashion my own connector.

Cardone customer service has been supremely unhelpful. They can't even tell me which prongs take the hot wires.

Any help in which wire goes where would be much appreciated. We're in Seattle, and the rains are gonna set in soon.

Thanks much

I'm in the same boat with my wiper motor, thats why I didn't buy one from them, as my motor seemed to be hard wired from the factory, no connector, I hope someone will let you know what to do, I'll be watching for replys, good luck.

Mark

Warwagons wire colors are correct. There should be a large resistor mounted on the wiper gearbox. The brown wire in the harness should connect to one end of the resistor and the brown wire on the motor should go to the other end.

I'm in the same boat with my wiper motor, thats why I didn't buy one from them, as my motor seemed to be hard wired from the factory, no connector, I hope someone will let you know what to do, I'll be watching for replys, good luck.

Mark
If your motor is hard wired and doesn't have the style connector shown in the picture, it is a three speed wiper.

If your motor is hard wired and doesn't have the style connector shown in the picture, it is a three speed wiper.
thanks, I wasn't sure, as I just got the car running, and still working on the electrical.

Mark

Windshield wipers are fully functional! We'll get many, many more days on the road this winter now.

Thank you muchly

-
Back