-

1969dodgedartgt

Reaction score
Hey guys,
After:
1 year talking
2 months sitting
2 weekends work

I'm finally on the last leg of my suspension rebuild. yah!
Just one question:
On the new lower ball joints, the right one has a hole for putting in grease the left one does not. wtf? is this a defect? or what?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0148.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMAG0149.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 264
Probably easiest to just ask Parts store for another. A Hole Should be there.

crap ok thanks, I ordered this stuff online as a kit and was hoping to finish tomorrow.....
If it's a Brand you can get one of at Local Parts store, Maybe they'll swap it for you. I've also seen people drill & Tap Non Greasable parts and install fittings.

At the garage I work at we buy most all our parts from NAPA. I'm a little POed that this happens all the time. Order a pr of upper control arms for a Ford truck, one will have grease fitting one not. Hell when we order two of the same part number as in sway bar links, alot of the time they are two different manufactures. One may have blue poly bushings the other black rubber. You can't get quality anymore seems like.

If it's a Brand you can get one of at Local Parts store, Maybe they'll swap it for you. I've also seen people drill & Tap Non Greasable parts and install fittings.

Its from feelfirm, anyone know if this is obtainable at a part store?

yes. it's obtainable. just a standard lower ball joint. I would just drill a small hole like the other unit, and tap it for a grease fitting. some grease fittings are also self tappers. make sure to put grease on the drill bit so you can catch most of the metal shavings from going inside.

yes. it's obtainable. just a standard lower ball joint. I would just drill a small hole like the other unit, and tap it for a grease fitting. some grease fittings are also self tappers. make sure to put grease on the drill bit so you can catch most of the metal shavings from going inside.

I've done that too. Even on ball joints that were not even offered with fittings like 4 wd.

Damn guys, I drilled a hole through were it should be, but the grease just wont go in to the boot. :banghead:
The other filled the boot just fine

guess i'm gona make a call tomorrow to the supplier.

should I tell them that I drilled the hole or just say it wont grease up??? hmmm

At the garage I work at we buy most all our parts from NAPA. I'm a little POed that this happens all the time. Order a pr of upper control arms for a Ford truck, one will have grease fitting one not. Hell when we order two of the same part number as in sway bar links, alot of the time they are two different manufactures. One may have blue poly bushings the other black rubber. You can't get quality anymore seems like.

Thats why I use Autozone and not NAPA(Very bad service and incorrect parts shipped to me twice) at all and only occasionally Discount Autoparts when they have a better price than Autozone

-
Back