No more Barracuda.

-
You did WHATTT?

i thought you were all gung-ho about doing the barracuda?

when did you get the brown beast?

Cerwin

I havent realy been gung ho about the Barracuda for awhile now. I've been looking for a 70-71 Dart so when this came up I jumped on it. The car isnt in my garage yet. Its coming this week.

Good luck on that. I'm back halving (4 link) and then front halving (struts) what was my son's 73 Scamp. It was a solid car, very solid Arkansas car, I almost hated to cut it up but I like that body style. Either way though it's getting the 70 - 72 front end (in fiberglass) because I never cared for the big bumper cars. My son gets my Duster so we'll both have good cars to race.

This car came from California, super solid, I'll need to fix the passanger side fender and rear valance. Im going to see If we can just paint the hood and fender and blend it to the rest of the paint. If not it should cost much to re-spray the rest of the car.

The interior staying as stock as I can with a few guages and a 8 point bar painted tan. I want to keep the colum shift if I can.

The out side will be stock, Im leaving it the original color but would like a 6bbl hood and sharktooth grill at some point.

The suspension will be stock up front with big bolt disc, a dana out back with 4.10s and caltracs. Weld prostars and M/T drag radials.

Thats it, simple and fast. I dont need all the fancy stuff I was trying to do to the Barracuda.

Imo the Barracuda is a way cooler looking car. Good luck with it. Sound like it is more what you are wanting so I guess it is a good deal for you.

Say it aint so Adam!!! LOL looks like that scamp shouldn't be too big of a project.

By the way would you be willing to part out the cuda since you don't want to continue it? First dibs ok

<SIGH....> Change is good. I'll always associate you with the Barracuda, but if it must be a brown beast, so be it. I just got a brown beast too, and it almost replaced MY Barracuda.... so I know the feeling. I know you weren't too happy about all the rust in the Barracuda so this might be the right thing for you.

Good luck Adam!

Fairwell, familiar Cuda! Hey, you still need to keep a small pic of the cuda in the sig along with the brownie. Otherwise, you'll have to start your post count at zero because it will feel like that. lol Seriously though, I know what too much rust feels like, as I gave up on the 68 roadrunner I loved and bought this barracuda with a very clean body. Always wanted both cars, but I'll take the rust free any day. Have fun.

WOOOOHOOOO! Another Scamp owner,now you can join the secret Scamp owners society!:evil2:
We meet every other Sun. in my garage!
Since your the new guy you bring the beer!:burnout:

Glad to see another Scamp around here, but I will miss seeing your cuda around. I'm starting to see more Scamps out there, I wonder where in the heck they're all coming from all of a sudden??

Good Luck with it Adam. Why the change? Your only gonna have to go through the "whole car" Are you going to make it street strip or ??? Oh BTW The Tahitian or Tawney gold is a fairly difficult color to look good if your considering a paint job. I have found that it's a difficult color to mix but it looks great/classic sleeper if you get the "Tint" right.

OldVart said:
Good luck with the new machine Adam.

Good luck,
did you already sell the Barracuda?

LOL happy to see you stayed with a Mopar, and didn't decide to
go "Fast and furious" lol.

Eric_S68 said:
Good Luck with it Adam. Why the change? Your only gonna have to go through the "whole car" Are you going to make it street strip or ??? Oh BTW The Tahitian or Tawney gold is a fairly difficult color to look good if your considering a paint job. I have found that it's a difficult color to mix but it looks great/classic sleeper if you get the "Tint" right.

Eric, Ive owned the Barracuda ofr 10 years, Ive been ready for something else for a while now. Yeah, I know I'll end up going threw the entire car but I want this one to stay mostly stock inside and out and seeing its it very good shape I wont have to much to do. Mostly suspension and drive train.

cavemanmoron said:
Good luck,
did you already sell the Barracuda?

LOL happy to see you stayed with a Mopar, and didn't decide to
go "Fast and furious" lol.

I didnt sell it, Were trading. As for the fast and curious, I have to drive Hondas all day at work. Its enough anyone from wanting to turn ricer.

EvilScamp said:
WOOOOHOOOO! Another Scamp owner,now you can join the secret Scamp owners society!:evil2:
We meet every other Sun. in my garage!
Since your the new guy you bring the beer!:burnout:

That will double the size of the meeting Kev. hahahahahahaha

Jack

i say do what you want to do, but throw in a fuel injected 360. that would make one wicked ride.

-
Back