No more liquid glass! Wtf, now my mopar is sad

-

71DodgeDemon340

Reaction score
Anyone else hear about the issues liquid glass auto polish has gotten into with CA? Not available anywhere after they got fined for not being voc compliant. That was the best wax i have ever used. Guess ill have to resort to meguiars

Do you recommend the liquid or paste? I've always used paste but open to try something else if it's better.

Yeah its pretty good, ive used plenty of meguiars, its good stuff but that liquid glass was the bomb. Actually formed a microscopic layer of glass over the surface

Try zaino.
I used Zaino for many years and always had very good results. You can't go wrong with it.... Then I stumbled across this and some similar threads and then tried Duragloss.
Zaino and Duragloss--Separated at Birth?

After trying it, I have no doubt in my mind that Duragloss and Zaino are pretty much the same stuff. Same application and results... and Duragloss has a great waterless wash. It's about half the price and I can buy it on Amazon Prime, have it in two days, and not pay shipping.

All I use is Griot's Garage products. They are awesome. I bought one of their polisher kits. If you use their speed shine and clay bar, followed by a quick polish with their #3 polish, followed by a wax job with their Best Of Show wax, you will be SOLD. Their clay bar system is the best I've used. Also, their speed shine is WAY better than Maguire's Quick Detailer. All IMO.

Do you recommend the liquid or paste? I've always used paste but open to try something else if it's better.

the jax is a liquid and you can put it on on the hottest day in direct sunlight and it still comes off easily . we have used and liked zanio and Maguire and they are both good waxes but still a step under the jax wax and I never seen anything make chrome pop like it does .

Thanks for your reply. I'll order it and give it a try. Nearest dealer is 120 miles away.

Anyone else hear about the issues liquid glass auto polish has gotten into with CA? Not available anywhere after they got fined for not being voc compliant. That was the best wax i have ever used. Guess ill have to resort to meguiars
So that's what happened to it! Thanks, now I know.

This is an old can . The car on the front is the LaRocket. Built by my uncle, Bob Metz, in the early 1950's.

th?id=OIP.F9fA4ycg4_k1H6lOiLZlBADFEs&w=126&h=192&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1.jpg

I bought out the local supply by me today after reading this. Been using liquid glass since the 80's. I guess I'll have to switch to Jax once my supply runs out.

Microscopic layer of glass?

I'm sure it's good but I'm doubtful of that.

Once you use it you wont use anything else

The jax seems interesting, you know how it is, once youve been using something for years its hard to switch

-
Back