no oil pressure

-

buddyralf

Reaction score
Hello again. I installed a oil filter relocation kit on my 340 as well as a set of roller rockers. Now when I start up the car I don't get oil pressure. I filled the filter with oil, almost a liter, and put 4 more into the motor. Any suggestions on how I should proceed safley on this matter.

All the relocation kit's I've seen are marked in and out. So out on the filter adapter goes to the input of the new filter housing. If it don't say then just match up the outer line on one to the outer line on the other and inner to inner. If you plumbed the block so no adapter is needed the lower hole is the output to the filter.

The hoses were reversed form what I can tell. The relocation kit was on the car at one time. It was given to me by the seller off the car. I assumed it was plubed properley. Well thats what you get when you ASSUME you make a *** out of U and ME

Good call Dusterdon, I hope it didn't hurt anything. Glad to hear you got it figured out. And don't be so hard on yourself. Sometimes it's really hard to figure out what someone else did to screw up your car.

I primed the moter, removed the relocation kit and its running great. Thanks again. Nothing damaged, but a lesson learned.

-
Back