No oil to top end

-
Maybe I'm off here a little but every time I got back a block from the machine shop, I always washed them out with soap and water and gave them a good rinse with clean water and blow air dry. Clean out openings with special brushes. Can't always blame the machine shop. That a good reason to "Hot Tank" your blocks before assembling. Never can be to clean.

I also do that with blocks and pretty much any mechanical part I get whether new or rebuilt, especially something meant to go inside an engine or transmission.

So the 2 in a row brand new ones didn't work but when an old one was put in it works fine but something else is going on?

Y'all got stock in these Chinese parts companies or what?

People allover the place are running into these issues with car parts across all brands. The Junk has finally hit our shores.

Ill be using NOS or junkyard parts from here on out until they start making stuff In America again.
If you take 2 new parts out of the box and they both don't work don't you start asking yourself some questions about your troubleshooting? Maybe you overlooked something? I would.

ps Are any common parts made in the US anymore? Not much and that ain't coming back.

ps Are any common parts made in the US anymore? Not much and that ain't coming back.
I hope you're wrong.
But that statement is why, for now,
That is why I'm all over eBay looking for new but old parts.and I stock up when the getting is good on stuff I'm quite likely to need for any one of my vehicles.

I hope you're wrong.
But that statement is why, for now,
That is why I'm all over eBay looking for new but old parts.and I stock up when the getting is good on stuff I'm quite likely to need for any one of my vehicles.
I've bought a ton of parts over the last 3 years...mostly offshore I will guess. I do try to buy name brands ie Raybestos, Melling, Felpro, etc and the only issues I had were with a Milodon oil pan that was made wrong (they admitted it) and a Fel Pro molded oil pan gasket (SBC) that didn't fit right. I bought another gasket Felpro gasket same p/n and compared to see the difference.

-
Back