No pedal after bleeding brakes

-
Check your rear brakes. They might be out of adjustment. Spin the drum and soo if they stop or have any resistance when the brake pedal is applied.

also make sure the calibers are installed on the correct side of the vehicle (if applicable). Years ago when I was working on cars professionally, they towed in a K car that another shop (a MOPAR dealer) had rebuilt the brake calibers and could not get any brake pedal.

Turns out they had installed the calibers on the opposite sides of the vehicle (left on the right and vice-versa). this resulted in the caliber bleeders being on the bottom (instead of the top) of each caliber. No way to bleed the air out. All I did was switch the calibers, bleed the brakes and it was good to go!!

This is not a typical thing that happens, but if someone is not careful when they remove and replace the calibers: IT CAN , and it can drive you crazy trying to figure out what is wrong with the car!

Bob

If you dont have a leak, and if it has a master cylinder andits good, go to auto zone and get one of those self bleeders. Hook it up to the bleeder at wheel and pump pedal until brake fluid is at least half way in the cup. Do that to each wheel At least =youll know that the air is gone before you look elswhere. If the master cyl is bad it could be pumping back and forth in the master cyl thus not pumping to the wheels.

Triple check the orientation of those bleeders, reversed calipers drove me to drinkin' once!(wasn't a very far trip!)

What the heck does "ghdgjh" mean?
C

Means the same as wruity or bvnbm. Just depends where you're banging the keyboard lol.

Grant

also make sure the calibers are installed on the correct side of the vehicle (if applicable). Years ago when I was working on cars professionally, they towed in a K car that another shop (a MOPAR dealer) had rebuilt the brake calibers and could not get any brake pedal.

Turns out they had installed the calibers on the opposite sides of the vehicle (left on the right and vice-versa). this resulted in the caliber bleeders being on the bottom (instead of the top) of each caliber. No way to bleed the air out. All I did was switch the calibers, bleed the brakes and it was good to go!!

This is not a typical thing that happens, but if someone is not careful when they remove and replace the calibers: IT CAN , and it can drive you crazy trying to figure out what is wrong with the car!

Bob

Ha, I did the same thing when I did my Dart. My buddy who is a mechanic didn't even notice it.
Eric

-
Back