No reverse and neutral

-

coyote42

Reaction score
Just rebuilt my 74 727auto. First one. Used a B+M rebuild kit, Reverse manual valve body (used), Medium stall converter, followed directions to a T. When in reverse, has slight engagement then releases (feels like a nudge then nothing). When in neutral, it moves like it is in gear. The BM directions say kickdown band adjust 72inlb then 1.5 turns back and low reverse band 72inlb and 3 turns back. I have a 1970 shop manual and it says 72inlb and 2 turns back on each band. I had gone with the BM setting. Should it have been the shop manual setting? It will also lurch sometimes in park when I snap the throttle.
Also, how much fluid should I put back in after the pan is dropped? I don't think it has the right dipstick for the right level reading. Thanks :banghead:

..............Did u do an air pressure check b 4 u bolted in the valve body?......ur front band adjustment must be for a 5.0 ratio lever?.......is ur linkage adjusted correctly?...........kim........

The 5.0 is in and the BM instructions said 1.5 turns out after 72inlb of torque. Did not air press test before valve body. Only when building the clutch packs. Is there another way or spec?

-
Back