No Reverse Lights

-

Montana Y

Reaction score
So I have a problem. I have a 1968 Dodge Dart 270 Sedan with an automatic and a slant 6 and I have no reverse lights. I found the reverse light switch mounted on the base of the steering column near the firewall and tested it. The switch works and the bulbs work. HOWEVER there is nothing there to actually push the switch on when I shift. There is a hole on the column, and it almost seems as if a pin should be sticking out of it to push the switch when i shift, but i'm not sure. Can anyone help me with this?

(SOLVED)
Discovered I am completely missing a plastic pin, part #19-46-44. I am going to try and replace it with a bolt.

Last edited:
Good luck! I found a NOS pin that was so rigid, I couldn’t get it installed. It actually flew out of my hands and down the interior of the column :-(

I think I may weld a nut on the column shaft so I can use a bolt. Otherwise, replace the neutral safety switch on the transmission to a 2 pin/wire type which would then connect with a new wire to the reverse light wire at the column. Of course, the other wire from that switch goes to the starter relay because it is the neutral safety switch.

Good luck! I found a NOS pin that was so rigid, I couldn’t get it installed. It actually flew out of my hands and down the interior of the column :-(

I think I may weld a nut on the column shaft so I can use a bolt. Otherwise, replace the neutral safety switch on the transmission to a 2 pin/wire type which would then connect with a new wire to the reverse light wire at the column. Of course, the other wire from that switch goes to the starter relay because it is the neutral safety switch.
what did you call the pin itself and where did you find one?? thx

-
Back