No spark problem solved

-

chrriff

Reaction score
Replaced the ignition control Module and the vehicle fired right up!!! Thanks for all the help!!!

Yes it does sound wonderful,now I just gotta get plugs,cap,rotor , carb rebuild kit,tires and a master cylinder and she should just about be roadworthy after sitting for almost 19 years.

19 years, that's pretty good. My Vart sat for about 12 I believe, and before I put it in the shop for the current resto, I checked the oil, made sure it would turn over by hand, poured a little fresh gas in the AFB, shorted across with a screwdriver, and VROOMMM. I liked the short burst of glasspack rumble so much from the old girl, I had to give it two or three more shots of gas just to hear the short sound of power. :)

Yea the Tags on the license plate read 1987,though the lady said it was parked in 88. Its an original Arizona one owner 76 Valiant 4 door with a 318 and 68,338 original miles which was given to me.At first the lady said $100,but shortly after I left she called me and told me to just come haul it off. I still have the original window sticker for it. The vinyl top is weathered away,the top is sunburned, the trunk has showings of the primer but other wise the body is straight as youd ever want it to be and there are no rips or tears in the seats and all the glass is perfect.Has 1 tiny rip in the headliner(my fault), I accidentally put my finger in the headliner as I was trying to get the sunvisor down. It runs rough now but ill tweak on it a bit and im sure itll purr.

-
Back