No spark what do I do?

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
i have 11volts of power on the coil, both side + and - , when i remover the coil to dis cap wire i have very little spark, then off the spark plug i have nothing :cwm10: What is wrong, how do i get spark. The dist looks fine, the rotar looks good(dad says so) i just put in a new ign box 4 pin. What do I do??

o and i noticed not much gas is coming out when i hit the gas, its suppost to spray hard but doesnt, it shoots a lil , then when w/o when i crank it fast it only shoots out about 1/2 - 3/4 throttle only, i just replaced the fuel filter to :cwm10: but i guess this is not running but even after turning it over i still dont have much, shouldnt pressure build up or maybe i'm just dumb and i wont get much untill it is started :silent:

Do you have 11 volts on the coil when you are cranking or when key is 'on'. If voltage drops to low when cranking you will have no spark or very weak.
Second is the ballest resistor hooked up correctly. When cranking, crank voltage should bypass the resistor.

i believe i had 11 when the key was on, can i get power with the key off? With just the key on the resistor does have power on both terminals, its a little lower on one(light isnt has bright) i'll check for no power when cranking, what else should i do? i just cleaned all the plugs also. O and i got a new ecu box, cause the old one's bottom melted and we couldnt figure why we got no spark coil-dis. then i said it had to be grounded, then i heard a click so its grounded

ok today i went and got a new coil and my car still didnt start, there is hardly any spark from the coil-dis, and no spark at plugs. I looked at my diagram again and figured out the guy before me had the wires on backwards :silent: i did it the right way...still no/hardly any spark. can someone give me a diagram on how the electronic ign should be hooked up, i have a diagram, but it doesnt include the wires i have, i have a alt wire and a wire from the coil going to my reisitor(white box thingy) i'll draw you guys a diagram on how my car is set up tomorrow. but id like to get a diagram on how it should be asap(before tomorrow when i am gonna start) :thumblef: :thumblef:

-
Back