No Spark

-

gunship

Reaction score
Last Thursday i took my 73 duster out for a drive without any issues, I went to start it Friday and had no spark. I threw on a new ignition box and ballast resistor, still no spark. I have tried 3 different coils, ignition boxes, and ballast resistors including the original ones. I put in a new distributor pick up and made sure to clean all my grounds.
I am not sure when this started, but it will now try to fire when I turn the key from "start" to "off". This does not work going from "start" to "run". I am only getting 5.6 volts at the coil when in "run". I ran a wire from battery+ to coil+, but still nothing. I am currently unwrapping as much wiring as I can to find anything that would cause an issue. Any suggestions? something I overlooked?

It's probably the ignition switch if it fires when you let off the key, but has no fire when in the key is in the start position.

Either that or some bad grounds somewhere causing low voltage. (still could fire when you let the key off because it has enough voltage when it's not cranking)

Problem solved, put a MSD streetfire in. But discovered some other electrical gremlins during install

-
Back