No title

-

VonCramp

Reaction score
I am one of those foolish souls that loves Mopars so much that I bought my car without a title. Now, I know I can go the honest route of the bonded title procedure. I am a little nervous though because knowing my luck there will be a lien on it from years ago. I am pretty sure there isn't because this car was supposedly found abandoned in an old storage lot and purchased from there. I won't go into a lot of details about the car, but what would y'all do in my position? If by the off-chance of a lien do I lose the car, or do I just have to cover the surety amount? Thanks for any advice here.

You might have to decide which is better.
Pay the lien or give up the car.

Take it down and find out, it's not like they will take the car or anything.
They just won't title it for you.
I didn't need the bond for one I registered until the motor dept told me to go get it, so you won't even have to put any money out to find out.

I had the same concerns with my 70 dart project so after discussing with the license bureau locally I sent in the application with pics etc and waited for them to tell me what I needed for a bond amount. About six weeks later I received the clear title in the mail! Apparently they either turned up clear paperwork or decided no one would want the old wreck. Either way I am glad I did this before investing anything substantial. I recommend the high road, good luck!

Do it legal, that is what the bond is for to cover things like that. Doing anything illegal may be the best way to lose the car.

I never intended to do anything illegal. I was just wondering if the bonded title was the safest way to go. From what I gather it seems like the best route. Thank you.

Talk to your local motor vehichle , or at least 2to 3 different employees regarding procedure for your state . The laws vary considerably state to state . There are companys like braoadway tile which start @ $400 but a lot of paperwork . Here in Ok we have the title 42 procedure or mechanics lien , not too bad a process & only about $125 & 100% legit .

My car had a lost tile and I had connections and found ther orig. owner filled out a lost title form and got title for $50

My car had a lost tile and I had connections and found ther orig. owner filled out a lost title form and got title for $50

The last person the car was registered to is showing up on the computer at the courthouse, but they won't supply me with the name and address. I wish I could get in touch with them.

The last person the car was registered to is showing up on the computer at the courthouse, but they won't supply me with the name and address. I wish I could get in touch with them.

Do you have any buddies in the wrecker business? Here they can obtain the records from about any state to get the paperwork to sell abandonded or storage vehicles.

-
Back