No videos on Facebook...

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My netbook has recently stopped playing videos on Facebook for some reason. I can play Youtube videos fine, but anything on Facebook it will not. I have done a Windows update, updated Adobe Flash Player, and updated Java.

This is Windows 7 Starter and I use IE 11 browser. Any help is appreciated.

I cant stand IE. as much as I like windows, Microsoft has always had fits with anything involving the internet.

Anyway, if you have Netflix, see if that will work. If not, you should get something that says "you need silverlite". That MAY be what is causing your facebook not to work.

ON a side note, I am trying to put a good word in on your carb you sold me. IDK why, but I have always had fits with feedback on FABO.

Hey Rob, the wife says she has some friends on there that had the same issue, it ended up being some kind of virus that wouldn't allow videos to play on Faceplant.

Might try a different browser and see what it does Rob.

Then if it works look for IE 11 in programs and features, or in the Windows updates and remove 11.
It should revert back to the eairlier browser it had (If it had an earlier version) and then you can see if that works.

But get another browser on there first just in case.

I downloaded google chrome and now the videos play.......but I prefer IE. I know most people don't like it, but I do.

I downloaded google chrome and now the videos play.......but I prefer IE. I know most people don't like it, but I do.

I do too, but it does take quite a bit of maint.

Before you uninstall it you might try a reset of explorer in the "advanced" tab of the "Internet Options" under "Tools" on the menue bar, or in the control panel.
This fixes problems like that pretty often.

That seems to have fixed IE but I kinda like how much faster Chrome is so I may just leave it for a while. Thanks man.

I've had problems also. Seems that my user account has become 'corrupted'. No problem with another user account, or another browser, but still trying to import my favorites/bookmarks to the new user account, using IE11. Google Chrome is ok though.

I've had problems also. Seems that my user account has become 'corrupted'. No problem with another user account, or another browser, but still trying to import my favorites/bookmarks to the new user account, using IE11. Google Chrome is ok though.

Find the Favorites folder with windows explorer and just copy them from one account into the favorite folder of your new account. (copy and paste the individual files, not the favorites folder)

-
Back