Nob control door mirror

-

MoparGuy1970

Reaction score
Hey everyone I've ran into a problem taking the chrome bezel for the mirror off of the door to switch it over to another Duster. It doesn't seem to want to move and I dont see a way it unscrews or pops off any help would be appreciated.

IMG_20160524_140324594.jpg

IMG_20160524_135822860.jpg

The outer chrome ring spins off counter clockwise, then the mech/cables can be pushed into the door.
That looks pretty rusty, make sure its operational before you install it.

The outer chrome ring spins off counter clockwise, then the mech/cables can be pushed into the door.
Ok thanks 4spdragtop

the chrome bezel should unscrew counter-clock wise just like a nut on a bolt . but it looks locked with weather and age . need to soak it up with some good penetrating oil . i like kroil oils from kano laboratories . and there is a special keying in tool for removal and assembly , but you can make one .

I just use the tips of needle nose pliers.:D
Don't know if that one is going to come off like that though.

Maybe.

Oh and when/if you get around to taking the mirror off the door there is a nut at the front edge of it's mounting foot inside the door.
Have fun.
Mine was 7/16 and I got it with 1-12 inch extension, 1-6 inch put together and the window all the way up.

I use a thin blade std screwdriver and a claw hammmer and tap it off.

Ok have it on my gold car now and hooked it up it that mirror. The car I took it off of was a original pretty blue Duster, would have been a nice surviver if kept inside instead of out in the rain.. Thanks everybody for your help!

-
Back