noise at 65

-

peltjd

Reaction score
I have developed a DEEP wawawawa noise at around 65 miles an hour. At least this is when its the loudest. Don't notice it at 70+ or 50-. No unusual ware on the tires and the alignment is good. Any ideas?

is it the sound of the car i think my dad calls it the oil can effect. my valiant has a wawawawa when ur driving and it drives great .

Maybe out of balance/bent/dented driveshaft....or u-joint

3rd person with diff. fluid suggestion, that's my job for this weekend. Tires are great, so don't think its that but that was my first thought when I noticed it. What do I look for with drive-shaft and u-joint issues and axle/wheel bearings?

3rd person with diff. fluid suggestion, that's my job for this weekend. Tires are great, so don't think its that but that was my first thought when I noticed it. What do I look for with drive-shaft and u-joint issues and axle/wheel bearings?
Look for dents or even a minor ding in the driveshaft. You can put the car up on stands and run it in gear and see if the driveshaft is bent. If you unbolt the driveshaft you can see if either of the u-joints are binding.

-
Back