noisy slant 6

-

stinkbug69

Reaction score
i have a 225 slant6 and it makes a little noise. i read the thread on 225 vlave adjustment. i need to do that, among some other things; change oil pan gasket, replace the engine mounts, replace fuel pump gasket, intake gasket, exhaust gasket, the carb gasket, gasket in between the exhaust and intake. i already replaced the valve gasket. there are a couple little oil leaks very minor, maybe have to put a quart in once every 2 months or so. i thought it was an exhaust leak at first, so put some exhaust weld on the flange between the exhaust manifold and the tailpipe. still makes some noise. everyone told me that it was kinda noisy due to the valve train rod. the noise it makes is a little deeper then a valve ticking would be, but not as deep as a rod. is it something that i just need to get used to, or is something up. :help:

well with all that going on i would just pull the motor and get another... lol Just Kidding!

but really, it is alot easier to do the oil pan on a stand then in the car...

the rest isn't to bad...

what car is the slant in? also set lash to .010 (int) and .020 (Exh)

well with all that going on i would just pull the motor and get another... lol Just Kidding!

That's actually my recommendation. Lord knows it'll be easier to do all that on the stand for sure.

Sound like an old sewing machine??...lol...that's how mine is.

I need to adjust the valves too....this is my first Slant Six and after nothing but V-8's it is a bit of a change, sound wise....well all around really.

Check your hot oil pressure and compression first before you sink any money into your engine. If it needs to come out and be rebuilt anyway, there is no point in wasting time, gaskets, and seals.

-
Back