Noisy valve train revisited

-
Thanks for the "Intel" fishy. You da man!

Wonder if Maddart would just send me his rockers, Next day Air, then I could just send 'em back when mine come in. After all, by lookin' at the pics, the motor ain't even in the car. He's a pretty cool dude, whaddaya think?

Hehehe.

Mike,

That is an old picture......Motor is in the car!:supz: It is in my Avatar on the left!

I will be ordering another set of 1.6's from Hughes prob this week for the other motor I am working on.

Mike I have a real nice used set of HD Mopar perf. stock type (non adjustable) rocker arms with shafts I'm planning on using on a project in 2-3 months. If you think they'd do you any good you can borrow them and send them back when you get new ones. Since they are stock like yours I can't guarantee they'll help but your welcome to try them.

Here's pics of them. You'll notice I don't have hold downs so you'd need to use yours.

Hey Fishy, thanks so much for the offer. I got lucky. Called Mancini today and they have EVERYTHING I need in stock. Will be here Wednesday.
Just hoping the pushrods will be spot on.
Didn't get to talk to Wes, got some other guy. Those people are sooo friendly......kinda make 'ya feel warm and fuzzy all over:)

This whole thing started with a couple "lazy" lifters. Took mine all apart, cleaned 'em out and they now SEEM ok. Hate to replace lifters without a cam swap. I've done it, and it's always worked out for me, but we've all heard the horror stories. Sure don't want to wipe a good cam. Still up in the air on this issue.

Mad Dart, hope you realize I was just kidding about the rocker arm thing. I'd never expect a guy to just lend someone his rocker assembly.
I wouldn't mind if you wanted to just GIVE me that beautiful engine, though......:toothy10:

New lifters on an existing cam should be fine. Used lifters, even back on the same lobes are risky.

Hey Fishy, thanks so much for the offer. I got lucky. Called Mancini today and they have EVERYTHING I need in stock. Will be here Wednesday.
Just hoping the pushrods will be spot on.
Didn't get to talk to Wes, got some other guy. Those people are sooo friendly......kinda make 'ya feel warm and fuzzy all over:)

This whole thing started with a couple "lazy" lifters. Took mine all apart, cleaned 'em out and they now SEEM ok. Hate to replace lifters without a cam swap. I've done it, and it's always worked out for me, but we've all heard the horror stories. Sure don't want to wipe a good cam. Still up in the air on this issue.

Mad Dart, hope you realize I was just kidding about the rocker arm thing. I'd never expect a guy to just lend someone his rocker assembly.
I wouldn't mind if you wanted to just GIVE me that beautiful engine, though......:toothy10:

I know you were kidding......no problem!

So what Rockers did you end up with?

Hughes. Got the hold down kit also, along with ball/cup 7.30" pushrods that SHOULD work. "Should", being the key word here. Guess I'll know sometime Saturday morning.

Gotta poke around Summit's site and find a good lifter. Any suggestions? I really trust all you guys' advice. I feel kinda helpless without it.

In the meantime if anyone needs help building or blowing up a SBC, I've got tons of experience.

Hughes. Got the hold down kit also, along with ball/cup 7.30" pushrods that SHOULD work. "Should", being the key word here. Guess I'll know sometime Saturday morning.

Gotta poke around Summit's site and find a good lifter. Any suggestions? I really trust all you guys' advice. I feel kinda helpless without it.

In the meantime if anyone needs help building or blowing up a SBC, I've got tons of experience.

That is some funny chitttttt.

Well you can pick your poison with lifters......Hyd lifters go from 3.00 which I posted earlier to around 10.00 each depends how much $$ you want to spend to FEEL good about it I guess?

On your engine the Cheaper lifters would work fine in my opinion.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-HT2011/

or take your pick here.

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...=&level2=RmxhdCBUYXBwZXQ=&level3=SHlkcmF1bGlj

Hey Mike,
Did you get this sorted out yet? Did the new rockers and pushrods fix the noisey valve train? I'm curious as I have the same issue that has been annoying the CRAP out of me the last two years!

Hope it all worked out buddy!

I'll find out next weekend. Ended up with Hughes rockers, Lunati lifters,, had to custom order pushrods from Manton. Just got the stuff on. Need to preload all lifters, throw on the intake, carb and valve covers and fire it up.
Workin so much now I have to wait for days off to do anything.

I'm hoping it's gonna run good and tick-free. One thing thats scary is pushrod/head clearance. Maaan it's tight. It was with the factory stuff so I'm trying not to worry.

I'll update after I fire her up.

Ahhh ok, good luck! Yeah, the pushrod/head clearance was tight but its aligned properly. If it were Edelbrock heads, you'd have to most likely open up the pushrod holes. i had to on mine, they were rubbing. I was hoping that was the cause of the noise but its not it.

Next step is spend more money on rockers and pushrods I suppose!

Keep us posted! :)

Any luck with this? or havent you had time yet? I'm pondering,a nd hoping, that new rockers and rocker arms might fix my ticking issue. Its driving me insane!

hope it fixes yours!

As far as Im concerned the mopar shaft system is far superior to the chev stuff,but when making changes to the valvetrain or cam you must use adjustable rockers. Me I blueprint the entire valvetrain.

-
Back