Non AC Heater Boxes, Are All the Years the Same

-

Kevindc

Reaction score
I'm looking for a replacement non AC heater box for my Dart Sport and would like to know what would fit. I got one off the forums from a Duster, but due to poor packaging it arrived in big cracked pieces therefore I need to find another. I think I found one from a 68 Valiant and wonder it would work.

Thanks

I'm looking for a replacement non AC heater box for my Dart Sport and would like to know what would fit. I got one off the forums from a Duster, but due to poor packaging it arrived in big cracked pieces therefore I need to find another. I think I found one from a 68 Valiant and wonder it would work.

Thanks

68- 72 will interchange, they have 4 studs that go through the firewall and attach with nuts on the engine side.

73 and 74 changed to a 3 stud/ nut so an older one will not physically bolt up in addition to the controllers being completely different and cable routings and so on.

75 and 76 are also different because in those years the firewall has an additional hole for a vent tube coming out of the motor. There are also other minor differences.

best bet is to stay in the year group your car is in.

Our 73 sport was completely missing the heater box. I went to U-pull-it today and got one from a 71 valiant complete with blower, heater core, and cables for $23. Drilled four holes in the firewall and it bolted right up. Have not hooked up the cables yet but looks fairly easy. The firewall plate that came with it covers the original three mounting holes. I won't win a concours but we have heat and defrost for cheap.

-
Back