Non Mopar carburetor opinion

-
check the intake gasket ,the metal with valley pan built are good for warping and sucking air there might not be anything with your carb.

check the intake gasket ,the metal with valley pan built are good for warping and sucking air there might not be anything with your carb.

That would be a thought were it not for two things. The Holley runs almost perfect and there is no valley pan.

I'm sure you tried this, but did you blow through the idle passages with compressed air, just to make sure there wasn't any junk holding something up?

What was your idle speed with the Holley? And with the AVS did you try backing the timing down some?

I can make the Holley idle down till it stops from turnin too slow. I didn't touch the timing. I did remove the vacuum advance and that made no difference. I would have had to retard the timing to get it to idle down with the AVS and it already had a terrible off idle hesitation and probably would have popped had I goosed it hard.

The AVS did idle a little better and at a little lower idle speed, but not by much. Maybe 300 RPM better. There's still a very obvious internal vacuum leak. Piss on the AVS I am tired of messin with it. The Holley runs good enough to drive everyday, plus it's been getting really decent mileage, despite the fact that it's not exactly right. I may get enough parts out to whoop up a 600 and see how that does. My whole goal with this was to eliminate the adapter plate.......although it's not really causing any problems.

I'm sure you tried this, but did you blow through the idle passages with compressed air, just to make sure there wasn't any junk holding something up?

Oh yeah. Blew through them, wired through them. I wouldda stuck my little pecker through them if I thought it wouldda helped.

Well, dogonit, anyway. That was a lot of time lost.
RIP AVS,SOB.
lol

My feelins exactly. I don't regret tryin cause had it worked, it wouldda been great. I guess now I found out why I got that AVS so cheap.

-
Back