"Non-Mopar Vehicles for sale" thread...rant

Non-mopar vheicles for sale forum

• Keep it

Votes: 58 45.3%
  • Get rid of it

Votes: 70 54.7%

• Total voters
-
I believe in a 50 post count before selling anything period,whether it be parts or cars.JMO.With hard times,people are searching for any way possible to put money in their pockets.Now if someone posted a really nice 65 GTO for sale CHEAP I wouldn,t be offended at all,aslong as they,ve been a member/Gold member for atleast 6 months.Again JMO.:coffee2:

X2, This is why I voted keep it :glasses7:

I don't mind newbies and their 1 off ads, but no links to where their main selling ground is!
You want to advertise here, type it out (or at least cut and paste) and put up the pics.

Originally Posted by 66340SEDAN
This section should be removed. Lots of new members joining just to sell their non-Mopar stuff to get a free plug There is a new thread today for a Buttstang, it is their first post, even has a link to the ebay auction

eBay and other car sites charge money to sell so if they can find a free site they will jump at it. I am here for the A-bodies and Mopars, I don't care about the other stuff, if I did I would look on another site. Plus, the ads always get negative feedback. Why would I go on a Chevy site and sell a Mopar?

Sorry for the rant, just think this site should stay a Mopar site. i'm sure other members think it is lame too...my 2 cents...............

Could not say any better, no brand x crap on this site!.

Well, I will say that I am a lover of musclecars from the early 60's through the mid 70's. I have owned every make and model it seems (at last count over 100), and love to see them all. But, with that said, if I was interested in looking for a non-A-body car for sale I surely would not look on an A-body Mopar site to find one. If I were interested in a B-body Mopar, i would not look on an A-body only website. I agree that a non-Mopar cars for sale section is a waste of space, and that there should be a post count to sell, and that a lot of people post a for sale ad as their first post.

However, with all that said, the thought never crossed my mind to cancel the non-Mopar for sale section because I simply don't look at it. I have also bought an item recently from a new member whose first post was a for sale ad and the deal went great.

Where am I on the issue?? Doesn't bother me to have the section there or newbies post stuff...what bothers me is the rash of unscrupulous sellers lately who are ripping off our family members!! Until something can be done about that, we still have a problem Houston!! Not a clear cut answer for this, and may never be!! JMO, Geof

I believe in a 50 post count before selling anything period,whether it be parts or cars.JMO.With hard times,people are searching for any way possible to put money in their pockets.Now if someone posted a really nice 65 GTO for sale CHEAP I wouldn,t be offended at all,aslong as they,ve been a member/Gold member for atleast 6 months.Again JMO.:coffee2:

Good idea.

question????

if I owned a something other than a mopar..... why would I find a mopar site and join just to try to sell brand X to a bunch of Mopar enthusists......just me or not really the most intellegent way....I don't join a camaro/transam forum to sell my mopars or look for an ld340 intake, even though i own a 81 camaro....now a mopar member selling their brand x is a little different

nmy 2 cents....Jim

I agree with the previous post by (I believe it was MeMike) gold members only aloud to post there. No. I'm not a gold member, but that's what I think. Other than that, if a person doesn't like the forum, simply don't click on it. MHO

My 2 cents says make it for gold members only unless approved by the moderator.This way if members are selling a non Mopar it might just help someone or two of us out by having this for forum to maybe pass on a deal or whatever.

Owners of this site get paid for every clickover to ebay... it's free money, why give it up?

There should definitely be a minimum post count before your allowed to post something for sale. This gives all everyone the ability to feel out the seller.

Otherwise, if you don't like the forum topic I do believe you have the right to not visit it. For instance, I don't visit this site for political opinion therefore I don't visit the politics section. However, if I ever found myself in need, it's good to know that section is there.

My 2 cents says make it for gold members only unless approved by the moderator.This way if members are selling a non Mopar it might just help someone or two of us out by having this for forum to maybe pass on a deal or whatever.

This is what I do on my website, but for a different reason. We were getting a lot of people getting ripped off by first posters who claimed to have something to sell, collected money, and never sent the items.

Once I made it so only paying members could post forsale ads, the ripoffs stopped completely. I believe the reason is that once they have to pay through PayPal they have "skin in the game". At that point they are no longer anonymous, and have spent a bit of their own money for the privledge to sell.

It did upset some of those who never wanted to become a paying member ($20 a year), but the fact that we are not seeing the ripoffs that we used to makes it worth it in my eyes.

Who cares?!!! Don't look in there if it bothers you so much.
X2
I recently posted a Mazda B2300 truck on here and knew that the only parties interested would be local,trying to sell it to any members that need a gas saver and could not maybe afford to drive only Mopars....
Many here, drive all types of vehicles...
The economy has forced many of us to drive gas savers...
I own 4 Darts and purchasing a 69 Roadrunner,but my daily driver is a 86 Ford F150 with 6 cylinder and have had it for last 13 years....Now if someone would give me or sell me a Dodge Ram 2500 with a cummins,I would gladly sell the Ford (Locally of course)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab7fh View Post
This is what I do on my website, but for a different reason. We were getting a lot of people getting ripped off by first posters who claimed to have something to sell, collected money, and never sent the items.

Once I made it so only paying members could post forsale ads, the ripoffs stopped completely. I believe the reason is that once they have to pay through PayPal they have "skin in the game". At that point they are no longer anonymous, and have spent a bit of their own money for the privledge to sell.

It did upset some of those who never wanted to become a paying member ($20 a year), but the fact that we are not seeing the ripoffs that we used to makes it worth it in my eyes.

I like that Idea but on here I would like an exception to that rule kind of what Scott was talking about at least 6 months membership and at least 50 posts...Just my 2 cents

My thoughts on the 2 issues...

The reason there is a non mopars for sale forum is that several members wanted to post their daily drivers for sale and I didnt want to refuse them. But their ads didnt belong in the mopars for sale obviously. I have absolutely no problem pulling the forum if thats what you guys want.

As far as a "minimum posts to sell" rule, I've always resisted doing that because I dont want you guys to miss out on a part thats real hard to find because the guy hadnt posted enough yet. I can tell you there are many people who come to our site who are not internet savvy whatsoever, and just want to buy or sell a part. We've also had instances where a widow or heir of a mopar guy who died just wanted to sell his collection of parts. Clearly they wont be posting much outside of the buy/sell forums either.

So consider these things guys. The parts for these cars can be tough to locate, do you really want to limit these parts being listed? And before someone suggests it, I am NOT a fan of giving special permissions on a case by case basis. Our mods are busy enough to begin with. So dont bother suggestiong anything like that.

My thoughts on the 2 issues...

The reason there is a non mopars for sale forum is that several members wanted to post their daily drivers for sale and I didnt want to refuse them. But their ads didnt belong in the mopars for sale obviously. I have absolutely no problem pulling the forum if thats what you guys want.

As far as a "minimum posts to sell" rule, I've always resisted doing that because I dont want you guys to miss out on a part thats real hard to find because the guy hadnt posted enough yet. I can tell you there are many people who come to our site who are not internet savvy whatsoever, and just want to buy or sell a part. We've also had instances where a widow or heir of a mopar guy who died just wanted to sell his collection of parts. Clearly they wont be posting much outside of the buy/sell forums either.

So consider these things guys. The parts for these cars can be tough to locate, do you really want to limit these parts being listed? And before someone suggests it, I am NOT a fan of giving special permissions on a case by case basis. Our mods are busy enough to begin with. So dont bother suggestiong anything like that.

I understand Joey.

It's like I heard somebody say the other day, "Why do they have mootorcycles at NHRA drag races? Do they have CARS at motorcycle races???"

No...

I vote NO non-Mopar ads on this site. Otherwise, you might as well change the name to "FOR ALL BODIES ONLY."

Maybe cause they are drag racing.

Hate to be crude but I kind of feel like this too.

Didn't mean to come across so harsh. I just don't understand why people are so bothered about it. If you aren't looking for a non mopar, don't look. I myself am a die hard mopar or no car kind of guy, but I do drive a Pontiac as my daily. ONLY reason was the deal I got on the car was wayyyyy to good to pass up.

I've been here five years and never clicked it. I'm just not in the market for any cars. People on this site have all kinds of stuff for sale. Lots of it isn't even automotive in nature. Something for sale is just that, something for sale. What is the difference between a lawnmower that isn't a Mopar and a car that isn't a Mopar? Or a motorcycle, or a snow board or whatever? As far as post counts, a person has to start somewhere. No need to micromanage this. We're all big now...ifyou read a post, decide if you want to deal with it or not, and act accordingly. I voted keep it. There are a lot of forums. Not all of them attract a majority, but nobody has suggested getting rid of them.

-
Back