NON power M-Cyl

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
65DrtGT I don't have a MC but thought if you don't mind I'd make a suggestion. Buy a brand new master cylinder. I converted my Cuda to disc brakes and went to NAPA, O'Reilley's, and Autozone and every rebuilt cylinder had a problem. I finally looked online and found NAPA sold new master cylinders for only $20 more than a rebuilt. The counter guy didn't know that. DUH!! Ordered it and put it on and bled them 3 yrs. ago and not a problem since.

i have a `65Dart changing to 70s frnt disc need NON pwer mastercyl -lines and propvalve that works with his combo thanx

When I converted the 66 in my avatar over to K-H manual discs I used the following items... Manual dual piston master cyl. correct for a 69 Dart, the front line set from Right Stuff Detailing correct for a 67 A-body with manual disc, also had to get the front to rear line for a disc car as the distribution valve is located in a different configuration. The distribution block I got from the donor car I got my spindles and calipers from, as well as the secondary block going to the rear, but I think you can just get the Mopar Performance adjustable proportioning valve and plumb that in instead if you didn't get all of the valves from the donor car. Your post doesn't mention what year car your donor was, so not all of these items may be correct, but these are how I got the job done. Geof

cocgig i believe the KH discs came off of a 72 duster(I didnt pull actually got off FABO) came with calipers rotors spindles backing plates and lines my GT sat 4 YEARS so i want to go w/ all new lines MC and pro valve but not having MC am not sure which to use (for NON power room wise) thanx for in put Bert

cocgig i believe the KH discs came off of a 72 duster(I didnt pull actually got off FABO) came with calipers rotors spindles backing plates and lines my GT sat 4 YEARS so i want to go w/ all new lines MC and pro valve but not having MC am not sure which to use (for NON power room wise) thanx for in put Bert

Bert, here's what I did when putting together my system. First, for the lines I called "The Right Stuff Detailing" and told them the year of my car and the year that the donor car was and they set me up with a matched set of lines to mate the 2 systems. My project car was a 66 Cuda and the donor car was a 67 Cuda. I told them the configuration of the system, mine is a manual disc, and I was rewarded with a perfect set of lines that just bolted right in. I got my MC from a guy who listed them a while back out of Texas, his listing was for a variety to choose from when you won the bid, and I chose the Mc which would be correct for a 69 Dart with manual disc. A lot of places like the right stuff will have the proper distribution valve for almost any set-up so I'd check with them on that. FYI, take down this guys number... Craig Studnick, (516) 485-1935. He is a regular vendor at the Nationals and Carlyle, all he does is brake and suspension stuff, and he knows Mopar brakes like the back of his hand. He is very animated and will talk your ear off, but he can put together ANY different configuration of parts for your car, and his prices are downright cheap!!! All he had was hand written flyers, he doesn't own a computer, and when he comes to the show, all his kits are in boxes hand assembled by him with all the part numbers hand written on the side of every kit. If you need some brake stuff, I would certainly trust his knowledge in finding the right parts. I'll include a pic of my MC for you, but I'm ashamed of the condition of the engine bay so don't hold it against me. Good luck with your project, Geof

100_1121.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back