Non remote mirrors, what covers the hole

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
On the inside door panel. I want to put non remote mirrors on my 67 cuda, but theres this hole in the steel upper panel for the remote control. What did chrysler cover the hole with if not used? Anybody got pix of a cover?

Thanks
Matt

On the inside door panel. I want to put non remote mirrors on my 67 cuda, but theres this hole in the steel upper panel for the remote control. What did chrysler cover the hole with if not used? Anybody got pix of a cover?

Thanks
Matt
I am pretty sure they did not drill the hole for cars with the non remote mirror. You may want to look for one of those metal plugs at a hardware store.

545848.jpg

I just put a flat rubber gromet in mine for now, will look into the metal plug soon.

In all my junkyard travels i dont think i ever saw an A body with a manual mirror, so i'm not sure if they punched the hole in all the inner panels and then made a factory block off plug for the csrs with the el cheapo option.

Same thing on the passenger side just tin...........
MirrorRemoteLocation2.jpg

Here's a better on I think.......
MirrorRemoteLocation3.jpg
MirrorRemoteLocation2.jpg

Last edited:
Well alrighty then. I plan on using poverty pack mirrors so now i have to decide on a painted wilkie button, or patch up the hole and bodywork it.

I like the look of the non remote mirror. Its simple looking, and goes with the poverty pack look of the 67 notchback i am building. Going to put it on drivers side only.

Building a stripper, thats a sleeper. 67 barracuda notchback. 400hp 360 with o/d 4 speed dressed out to appear like a stock 273 2bbl. Power steering manual brakes, no A/C. Black bucket seat non console standard interior, and 1967 pale yellow with body colored steelies and dog dish caps.

I am using C body pitman and idler arms to increase steering ratio. If i could get em in a spline count for manual steering i'd already have a manual box in there. Would have been much easier if mopar made the spline count on the steering chuck the same for power and manual.

Upgraded my bolt pattern to larger stud 5 on 4.5" with 'doba big brakes front n rear. Using 15x7 fifth ave steelies. They will appear stock and allow me a wider tire than the factory pizza cutters that are stock.

I am a fan of the F.A.S.T. series with stock appearing muscle cars that run in the 10s in the quarter mile. I love the whole sleeper stocker look. Not a big fan of advertising what i got. Thats why i was into 80s turbo mopars for a time. When you have a 300 hp turbo mopar they look pretty much stone stock. My favorites were the 89/90 dodge caravan 2.5L turbo vans. You can make em into 12 second stormers complete with hokey woodgrain package and embarass a lot of people with "faster looking cars". I mean seriously whos gonna admit they got their *** handed to em by an 80s dodge minivan LOL.

can't really tell the scale but my car has a little hole about 1/4 inch in size in that area , someone tipped me off that the little plastic plug in the butt end of a BIC pen fits in there nicely and they come in a variety of colours including black :rolleyes:

Anybody know what size diameter the hole is for the mirror remote? I'm at work, and am headed to lowes right after work for one of these. Lowes also has black plastic flush mount plugs for the holes too.

amd sells them matched to your interior colour for $3.99 I just saw them at the end of their pdf catalog while looking for 1 of those little rubber bumpers that goes behind your license plate .

Are you sure what you saw was that? Theres smaller plugs from 68 up that cover the hole for the allen key adjustment for the vent window. 67 is the only year that uses a countersunk chrome screw in this location.

If it helps, this is a remote I have. Not sure it's the same. One picture has the measurement across the "double D" flats. The other is the diameter of the escutcheon that goes through the panel.
Mirror Remote.jpg

Yep that helps. Looks like about 3/4" ought to do it. The A body escutcheon that threads in on the steel panel is actually flat where it meets the panel, and cone shaped.

okay I just checked again you are correct the colour matched plugs are the smaller ones , however there is a Door Frame Plug kit that looks like it might have what you are after -9.99 , you might call your local AMD distributor and ask if they know if it is in that kit , my guy in BC - Ken Haberman is a Mopar restorer that sells there stuff on the side so he knows what is what in the kits

I have a complete body plug kit it has everything but that. Prob because cars without the mirror dont have a hole cutout on the inner panel like daves69 has shown on his car. I can weld up the hole but just wanted to put a snap in cover over the hole that looked somewhat like it coulda been factory. This way if i decide on a remote mirror later on i can easily put one in.

-
Back