NoNameNationals

-
I just wonder how the hell they are gonna fit all these people and all the races into a 2 day event.

Its gonna be alot of racing.
They are talking about that, it's a concern. Hardly anyone is signing up for the car show, just about everyone wants to race. I think some of these people that have multiple call outs may not get the runs to race all of them.

They are talking about that, it's a concern. Hardly anyone is signing up for the car show, just about everyone wants to race. I think some of these people that have multiple call outs may not get the runs to race all of them.
With the amount of hype, and as far off in the future as it is, it seems like it would make sense to make a week long event out of it. In 2 days, with some of the junk some guys are gonna take, I bet 2/3rds of the participants dont even get one pass. One oil down is gonna eat a hour, and there will likely be multiple oil downs

With the amount of hype, and as far off in the future as it is, it seems like it would make sense to make a week long event out of it. In 2 days, with some of the junk some guys are gonna take, I bet 2/3rds of the participants dont even get one pass. One oil down is gonna eat a hour, and there will likely be multiple oil downs
Oh man, don't talk oil downs... we don't have time for that! I think the problem is the money upfront. John and Dallas have to pay up front and try to get their money back through the registry. A week would be $$$$$

This is one, bad, bird that will be going. I really, really like this car!

Oh man, don't talk oil downs... we don't have time for that! I think the problem is the money upfront. John and Dallas have to pay up front and try to get their money back through the registry. A week would be $$$$$
Have people pre-register, they got plenty of time, should have more than enough capital to rent a track for 5 days

Have people pre-register, they got plenty of time, should have more than enough capital to rent a track for 5 days
I don't know where they are with finances now, I do know they are planning to be fully staffed and have to pay everyones wages and all, plus they are opening the gates on Thursday for us long haulers. I registered 1 car to race and 1 spectator (my wife) for Friday.

Last edited:
I don't know where they are with finances now, I do know they are planning to be fully staffed and have to pay everyones wages and all, plus they are opening the gates on Thursday for us long haulers. I registered 1 car to race and 1 spectator (my wife) for Friday.
Its gonna be a heck of a event!

I'm only disappointed that I won't get to see Bottle Rocket vs Casper. That is happening on Saturday and we'll be on our way home.
I cant wait to see the shenanigans that occur with that. I seriously doubt its anything but a publicity stunt, there is zero chance BR can win that matchup

The guys that put on drag week can do it, so I'd imagine these guys could do something similar, with the big advantage of staying at one track rather than driving all over and renting multiple tracks

Just a general post to all my Canadien brethren. Depending on how you come down or where you are located our home is just over the border in central US directly South of Winnipeg. Anyone of you guys are welcome to use our home and shop as a jump off point for rest of the journey. Shop is fully equipped for misc road repairs and wife is a great cook. The bar is fully stocked and open to your crew! Just send me a PM and we can hash out details. You are welcome to spend night either coming or going. Only fee will be bald faced lies and tolerance of same. Pix of bar included.

A10370A0-700E-43E3-9804-83E9A20232E3.jpeg

Just a general post to all my Canadien brethren. Depending on how you come down or where you are located our home is just over the border in central US directly South of Winnipeg. Anyone of you guys are welcome to use our home and shop as a jump off point for rest of the journey. Shop is fully equipped for misc road repairs and wife is a great cook. The bar is fully stocked and open to your crew! Just send me a PM and we can hash out details. You are welcome to spend night either coming or going. Only fee will be bald faced lies and tolerance of same. Pix of bar included.

View attachment 1715885430
North Dakota Hospitality
:thumbsup:

That fastback is a cool car. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why that car wasn't licensed, insured and being driven long before NNN !!
I have replaced floorpans, cowl, rear taillight panel, transmission etc. It has been an enigma for me. Every time I tried to work on it real life would throw all kinds of stuff at me. You can ask my wife. Hell once I did the first start up on a 302 that was freshly rebuilt and a dirt dobber had managed to get some grit into the oil gallery and locked up the oil pump, I even corkscrewed the ARP oil pump driveshaft. 2 pistons later that engine is back together and in a truck.

update, the brakes on the Fastback are fixed just ran out of time to bleed them. Will be stopping in on a couple fabo guys tomorrow.

-
Back