Noob from Massachusetts

-

MassDuster

Reaction score
Looks like Im picking up a 72 duster this week! This is my first a-body car, so I look forward to learning from those with more experience!

Outside of the Duster, I've had an array of muscle cars and old rods over the years. I'm heavy into motorcycles and have an old HD pan/shovel I built and am working on restoring an old show trike from the 70's...

Sweet! I've got a few A Body parts kicking around so if your ever looking for something let me know!

..welcome....If you need parts i got some...and I live in New Hampstah....so I am close..

Just saw this post I`m an E-body guy and post over at FEBO mostly. I`m located in Acushnet,Mass. Hope to get my car on the road this summer. Welcome!

Ck - I try to get to the gillette shows sometimes, but its hard to get out a lot (I own a vintage motorcycle shop, a tattoo shop, and I still do some consulting work....) so I work 7 days/week!

Dust-U -- thanks!

Dan - Nice, Im not far at all - my bike shop is in New bedford...

Is your shop the one on the avenue next to Cumberland farms? I forget where Hibernia is never been there. That`s not the old Irish Immigrant pub is it?

Greetings from MA. I live in Fall River, and work in Acushnet...

Greetings from MA. I live in Fall River, and work in Acushnet...

Greetings to you as well Tincup. I have worked for a few tin shops in Fall River over the years. I can`t find work now though times are tough. Hoping the powerplant near you gets going with the next phase they are doing so I can get back to work.Where do you work?

I just found this place searching the internet the other day http://www.nu-chrome.com/index.htm I was thinking of bringing my bumpers to them to get re-chromed ever hear of them? They are off of airport road.

Dan - no that's doug galley's shop. We're a fabrication/builder shop - dont have a real retail section. Most of our bikes get shipped all over the country, we only do minimal repair work. We're off Kempton st.

Also, as far as Nu-Chrome goes, I wouldnt use them. Unless its under new management. Met a lot of people who have had horror stories with them.

There's a crazy russian guy in E. Providence that specializes in bumpers and does good work on them. He may make you drink moonshine with him at 8am on a Sat morning though! I'll try to dig his # back out for you if you want it.

Greetings to you as well Tincup. I have worked for a few tin shops in Fall River over the years. I can`t find work now though times are tough. Hoping the powerplant near you gets going with the next phase they are doing so I can get back to work.Where do you work?

I just found this place searching the internet the other day http://www.nu-chrome.com/index.htm I was thinking of bringing my bumpers to them to get re-chromed ever hear of them? They are off of airport road.

I have heard of them, but not any opinions on their work. Hope you find some work soon..

Welcome from Sunny North Carolina. I am a transplant here in N.C. but I am originally from Salem, Mass. and moved here from Westport Mass 4 yrs ago. Miss cruising on Rt6, 24, 195, 88 to Horseneck Beach. I used to get out to the Somerset cruise in at the diner on Rt 6 at the Family Dollar and Goodwill Store. Great to see another member here from Massachusetts!!!

Welcome from Sunny North Carolina. I am a transplant here in N.C. but I am originally from Salem, Mass. and moved here from Westport Mass 4 yrs ago. Miss cruising on Rt6, 24, 195, 88 to Horseneck Beach. I used to get out to the Somerset cruise in at the diner on Rt 6 at the Family Dollar and Goodwill Store. Great to see another member here from Massachusetts!!!

You wouldn`t happen to be heading back to Mass for a visit anytime soon? I have a valence and rear spoiler in Charlotte N.C. I just bought off someone down there.UPS/Fed EX want around $165.00 to ship them to me the shipping costs are going to kill the sale.I figure it`s a long shot but I had to ask.

My apologies to Massduster for kind of hi-jacking the thread.Sorry!

I may be getting up there sometime this summer. I just returned from visiting my Father in March and he is not well and I could be heading up there sooner depending on his health. I will let you know. I do not have any issues with picking up the parts from Charlotte and bringing them up to you, however Charlotte is about 3 hrs away from where I am located.

welcome to FABO ! I'm from northwest connecticut. and also currently building a 71 duster, and I have some parts , I may part with.

A good friend of mine used Nu Chrome to have his bumpers re-chromed for his 65 Marlin. Word of warning...... His bumpers started peeling after a year and a half and they did not help him in any way to re chrome the bumpers.

Thanks for the offer dustermaniac,very sorry to hear about your Dads health. I may have found a shipping solution gonna try Greyhound about $100 cheaper than the rest.

Also thanks again for the heads up on Nu-Chrome two bad storys on them are two more than I need I wont be going there.

If you read this Massduster I`ll take the number of that crazy Russian guy you spoke about probably give him a try.Thanks! I`ll bring my shot glass!

-
Back