Noob

-

papabear

Mopar Noob
Reaction score
New guy here, in Charleston, SC.

Currently working on my dad's '67 Dart GT 2 door hardtop. He's a member here, by the name of Les.

He had one when he was young, and had to sell. For my parents' 40th wedding anniversary he was gifted another. Car came from California and has been in work for a while. I rebuilt the front end and added power brakes to get it to turn and stop, and parked it for a while while we gathered parts.

He recently decided to leave the paint alone and do the interior and put the wheels/tires on it and drive it for a while, so work has begun again. New 14x7 Cragars went on a couple of weeks ago along with Monroe air shocks in the rear.

Now some under-hood work has begun, cleaning up the intake manifold and painting it, new valve covers, some wiring issues, a new power steering hose, and some little touch-up stuff. She's coming along, hope to share more in the future!

Thanks!

Not the factory color (white, which his was as well in the late 60's), and the engine bay is not painted, but we'll get her all fixed back up factory.

Welcome, cool story, I live nearby.

Closer than you think.

This car's home is on Wadmalaw, where my dad grew up, and raised me.

Right now it's at my house in West Ashley getting worked on!

More about myself....I'm an instructor for Boeing, been wrenching all of my life on a little bit of everything. Have finished a build of my own recently (not a resto, but a fun project) on a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS. Built LS2, built trans/converter, AWD with lots of suspension and appearance modifications. She's a heavy pig, but pulls hard on the street and is a lot of fun.

Thanks fro the warm welcomes.

Welcome from another low country resident papabear!!! She's a beauty. And I like the Trailblazer too...

-
Back