North Dakota

-

mechanic190

Reaction score
Well so I lost my job down here in Wyoming (not cause i'm worthless just driving record aint good at all). So i'm lookin at headin up to north dakota. I got an offer on the table from a truck shop in dickinson. Hows the housing market? Am I gonna be able to a reasonable spot for a camper?

Just whatever I can I can get for under $3000 money is tight without a job, and I still gotta pay my normal bills and house here in Wyoming

Winterized camper for sure. 17 degrees in Grand Forks tonight and -11 the other night. Make sure you figure out if it will keep you warm because mine is terrible below 32 degrees. I won't even use it that cold, after trying it once.

Make sure you do some serious checking regarding using a trailer. I know in Minot that people were renting thier yards out to trailers because of the Oil Boom . THe residents complained so much that I believe new bylaws were passed regarding banning the practice.

There was a shortage of trailer lots also.

With the temps there your going to need a mobile home. A pull trailer would be a very tough go there if not impossible.

Also do some checking into that shop. I've known a few guys that have gone to NoDak in the last few years, and all of them have returned home after several months of not getting paid. Money is flowing over there, and so is fraud. There's a lot of, "we're short this week, we'll pay you next week" going on. People are flocking there in droves, so the employers have no problem filling the shoes of someone that leaves.

It is like any of the gold rushes in the past. The only people that got rich were the business owners. Actual miners and employees usually ended up penniless, and far from home.

Hmm well my buddy came back down from north dakota for the weekend and ended up drinkin with him all weekend. As far as housing while I still own my current house and will end up upside down in it pretty bad if I have to sell the only feasable option is Williston and stay at his house

-
Back