Northern California

-
Ok, why would you want to move north of Eureka. Not much there until you get to Cresent City which is 80 miles north of Eureka. I was raised in Eureka and was so glad to get out of there.

We want to get a place near the ocean with some land and were not millionaires. Price goes down and availability goes up the further north you go.
Oregon and Washington are too cold. How about in between Santa rosa and Eureka ? Wasn't bad here (Upstate Ny) 10 years ago but it's getting so there is just too many people and it's getting worse. And we both love the ocean.
Any input advice etc is welcome and appreciated. I've been to california a few times and I love the place (although it's been 20 years. My wife is from the west coast of Scotland. So she has always been near the ocean. I grew up in Miami Fla again near the ocean but have no interest in moving there for sure. We have our own business and it's internet based so location isn't a problem as long as there is UPS Fedex etc. Besides I'm real sick of bad winters and rust.

-
Back