Norwalk Show

-

SpeedracerX

Still on this side of the dirt member
Reaction score
Hey there gang... Finally had a free moment to organize some pics from the Mopar event my buddies and I attended at Norwalk Ohio this past weekend. It was billed the All Mopar World Finals (at least I believe thats what they said LOL) .. it was a 3 day, swap, car show/corral, and drag racing.. I had never been to Norwalk before, but my friends said it was a super cool track.. I have to say it was quite a nice place.. the turnout wasnt as great as I had expected, but I still saw a bunch of cool cars, met some nice people, and saw some awesome drag racing. So enjoy the weekend car ****.. first the show cars that caught my attention, and then some of the race cars.. the last group of pics is one bad *** 69 Dart (Door slammer) .. Alcohol fueled, blown Hemi... The car was LOUD!! (actually popped my right eardrum when it went by.. what a rush).. the driver was making license runs.. The last pass I saw (of 3) .. he ran high 6 seconds, and had let off at a 1000 feet.. I had to go to the pits to see it.. The guy was super cool, said taking a pass in that car was like getting laid 60 times in one second.. LOL .. When I asked the horsepower of this beast, he said, 2500 hp,... detuned! LOL ... damn... Anyways.. enjoy everyone

Attachments

• norwalk1.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 396
  • norwalk10.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 354
  • norwalk9.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 351
  • norwalk8.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 337
  • norwalk7.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 350
  • norwalk6.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 338
  • norwalk5.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 360
  • norwalk4.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 351
  • norwalk3.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 332
  • norwalk2.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 345
more

Attachments

• norwalk20.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 337
  • norwalk19.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 350
  • norwalk18.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 353
  • norwalk17.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 344
  • norwalk16.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 334
  • norwalk15.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 340
  • norwalk14.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 326
  • norwalk13.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 364
  • norwalk12.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 343
  • norwalk11.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 344
still more

Attachments

• norwalk26.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 357
  • norwalk25.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 342
  • norwalk24.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 347
  • norwalk23.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 337
  • norwalk22.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 324
  • norwalk21.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 322
and now for that bad *** Dart :prayer:

Attachments

• norwalk27.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 347
  • norwalk28.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 349
  • norwalk29.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 339
  • norwalk30.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 328
  • norwalk31.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 348
  • norwalk32.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 336
Glad you liked the show. I agree it isn't the best turnout for swap meet, but a good weekend break anyhow.
By the way, The guy leaning over the blower of the bad *** dart lives next door to me! The car is in the barn out my back door.

Also, his wife ( the girl guiding the car from burnout) used to race IHRA alcohol funny cars. You have probably heard of her.

Glad you liked the show. I agree it isn't the best turnout for swap meet, but a good weekend break anyhow.
By the way, The guy leaning over the blower of the bad *** dart lives next door to me! The car is in the barn out my back door.

no way!! LOL .. what are the odds?? thats totally cool.. any pics or other info you can send my way on that car would be appreciated.. So I guess you already knew how loud it was LMAO .. and yea, I had a great time, just wish the turn out would've been better

Also, his wife ( the girl guiding the car from burnout) used to race IHRA alcohol funny cars. You have probably heard of her.

They mentioned that when he ran that high 6 second pass.. she is a former IHRA champion right?

Anything you want to know? It's not their car, he just does tuning and chassis work for others. I get to see all kinds of cool cars there.

Yup, look up "racergirl"

Anything you want to know? It's not their car, he just does tuning and chassis work for others. I get to see all kinds of cool cars there.

Yup, look up "racergirl"

I guess I am into pics or video of the car more than specific specs.. I am no drag racer, and dont have the means, or driving skill to build one of those..So specifics wont do me much good.. but that car just totally blew me away.. and since I am especially fond of that body style Dart, I cant get enough of it.. lol

Thanks for the pics Speedracer. And yes, that Dart is off the charts:thumblef:.

yea they were some really bad cars there i was there in the red duster had a tie foe the semi stock it einally got broke by new judges i got second by 1 point a 73 challenger won the class

yea they were some really bad cars there i was there in the red duster had a tie foe the semi stock it einally got broke by new judges i got second by 1 point a 73 challenger won the class

Congrats on that.....stinkin' E body...lol. Btw, how's Pop?

I prefer norwalk seating. It doesn't matter where you sit got a good view and you are comfortable. Agree with low swap turnout. Was there last year and it pulled maybe a dozen or so. I like the fact that it is not that far. SPEED when does shows end in irwin?

yea, congrats for sure dude!! :cheers:

yea, congrats for sure dude!! :cheers:

he went home sunday and its going to be a slow going but hes got alot of hope and prayers to help him pull threw this i really want to thank everyone, he told me to get the lead out he wants to drive his 63 sport fury so the pressue is cooking now .............

he went home sunday and its going to be a slow going but hes got alot of hope and prayers to help him pull threw this i really want to thank everyone, he told me to get the lead out he wants to drive his 63 sport fury so the pressue is cooking now .............

Glad he's back home:cheers:.... Now............you gotta gitter done :D. Wish i was closer, being out of work right now, i'd give you a hand.

Thanks for sharing Bill! Some really cool rides out there. I was going to go with a buddy, but his car wasn't ready.

Thanks for sharing Bill! Some really cool rides out there. I was going to go with a buddy, but his car wasn't ready.

You didn't miss anything swap meet wise.. But there were a bunch of cool cars there. The racing was the real action as far as I could tell. Lots of race cars. Was fun to watch

I guess I am into pics or video of the car more than specific specs.. I am no drag racer, and dont have the means, or driving skill to build one of those..So specifics wont do me much good.. but that car just totally blew me away.. and since I am especially fond of that body style Dart, I cant get enough of it.. lol

The Orange 69 promod Dart belongs to a buddy of mine. He lives not far from me in Palm Coast Florida. His name is Alfie, and he had a body shop near here. The car is indeed top notch and a true piece of artwork. He has been putting it together for a few years now. He was finally able to get he nhra license there at the track. He had a blast. He did all the paintwork on the car and most of the assembly. Super nice guy. He's taken the car to a few local shows here and sure draws a crowd.
I forgot to mention, the trans didn't shift into third gear on one run, and they did run the car "fat" or rich to be easy on the equipment on it's first full track outing. There is tons more to be had out of the car. The car ran 6.8 at 202 mph......

-
Back