NOS 1969 Dart GTS Trunk Stripe

-

68GTconvert

Reaction score
I have a NOS 1969 Dart GTS Trunk Stripe in the box that came with my Dart. My question is do you think I can use it? I don't want to put it on my new paint and have it rip or something. Should I sell it and get a repop?
Thanks

sell it, vinyl has a shelf life. But if you Install it use soap and water (a few drops of baby soap) in a spray bottle. when you are done installing it, spray the paper with the same solution, this will help to remove the paper and will be easier to remove and won't pull the paint. If you are not in a rush, It is recomended to wait for the chemicals to evaporate from the paint and will help the paint to hardened properly. Note, best to install the end stripe then the trunk stripe. you can alway's pm me if you need other tips. Good luck, Mike

sell it, vinyl has a shelf life. But if you Install it use soap and water (a few drops of baby soap) in a spray bottle. when you are done installing it, spray the paper with the same solution, this will help to remove the paper and will be easier to remove and won't pull the paint. If you are not in a rush, It is recomended to wait for the chemicals to evaporate from the paint and will help the paint to hardened properly. Note, best to install the end stripe then the trunk stripe. you can alway's pm me if you need other tips. Good luck, Mike

Thanks. I have done one other stripe and it can be a pain.

-
Back