Not open for further replies.

dust44d

What's An A Body ??
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a NOS Mr Norm's tri power air filter element.Would also buy complete air cleaner/filter assy.It is one of the last,any probably the hardest part I need to find my my 71 GSS.I would pay up to 1000.00 for a filter or name your price for a complete assy.Thanks FABO and all the awesome members that have helped out.

Thank for the links.I had sent a message to the first one asking about the filter being original. And the second does not have a filter which is the main thing I need.

Still looking for a filter. I'm bumping up the offer to 1250.00 for a NOS one.

So what do you need? Do you have the lid and the base already and just looking for the filter element that goes in between?

I need just the filter. They were originally made by the Segel Company and are narrower and shorter than the Ford tri power filters.

I know you are Eric :) I hope one of us find a hidden stash of them. I have looked into having them made, but got nowhere. The Baldwin filter that people talk about cutting down does not fit width wise. So a lot of trimming would need to be done and might end up looking like a cobbled up mess.

I do know where this NOS one was, in the back of this van.... :lol:

I know you are Eric :) I hope one of us find a hidden stash of them. I have looked into having them made, but got nowhere. The Baldwin filter that people talk about cutting down does not fit width wise. So a lot of trimming would need to be done and might end up looking like a cobbled up mess.
I have 2 of those dang Baldwin filters here that you have to cut down.....lol

I have a K&N air filter element in mine. It fits but is thicker than the one's Norm used.

photo (5).JPG

Do you have the part number? That seems like it would work for the driving part for me
I tried running the part # on the air filter and I'm striking out. It's been at least 13 years since I gotten this K&N and maybe they discontinued the part number. I keep thinking I either bought it from Summit or directly from K&N

I did this with the Baldwin filter. Works great and is a better color then the K & N, in my opinion. Took out about 6" of filter to start, and then about an inch each time after that. Once it was correct size, I made sure to "fit" filter in housing, so the seam was in rear like towards windshield. Once it was to my satisfaction, I took some black Mopar silicone and sealed top and bottom rubber, making sure to overlap the wire screen over paper filter. Not factory, but I like it alot better then the purple K&N. Also, had interference with a K&N rubbing Underhood frame of the hood.
More pics in my previous postings, but you have to go back (2005 or so) a few years? That was when I was searching for a drop in filter.
Also, on EBay, there is a guy that restores all air filter housings for muscle cars. Asked him what filter he used on the 1 he had for sale at the time. Told me he just tried several round filters, with correct height at parts stores till he found one that fit. Then he formed it inside of TriPower housing... he never would tell me what number he used.
Hope that helps someone out there, or at least expanded some choices...

100_0536.JPG

98 roller w sixpack2-1.JPG

100_0535.JPG

BaldwinPA632 TOO LONG.JPG

100_0535-1.JPG

98 roller w sixpack2.JPG

100_0542.JPG

100_0536-1.JPG

Last edited:
Just curious. What is the outside tape measure dimension of a correct oval filter. If you knew that maybe you could find a round air filter of the same circumference and form the round one into an oval.

I'm bumping this up in hope that may be someone did not see my originally listing. I am still in need of a NOS air filter itself. Name your price if you have one :)

1688641472025.png

Seriously I only know of the one.... are you going to the Mopar show in Belvedere, IL coming up?

I am not.I am going to Carlisle next week. That will be my fun for the summer :)
Have one of the GSS cars ready for Mopars in the Park or Carlisle next year? Mark and I had ours together this year at MITP. We are pressuring Eric to have his for next year. 3 or more together would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back