Not a A-body,,,but an extremely rare mopar (* forest find !!!)

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
hi guys !!!its been a while since i came on the site , 2 weeks ago ive been into an appointement with an old man that somebody told me that he had 2 old mopars on is land.... but i had no idea whats so ever , and the only thing i knew is that he was selling his house so he was sending these 2 cars to the crusher at the scrap yard because he had an offer of 200 bucks for eache..

So...... the first one is still a rare car , 73 satellite sebring plus , factory stock blue car with white interior , console car and bucket seats , with a 400 cu,in and 2bbl with rallye wheels ,

and the second .... A REAL 1974 ROADRUNNER GTX RM21 U CODE CAR , factory tx9 car , with white bucket and console , everything is there from factory but mr. added a 400 air bowl on the engine :( , both cars didnt run since the last 29-30 years and he bought the satellite new and the rr as a second hand car ,

here you go guys , enjoy the pics !!!!!

That's gonna be quite the undertaking by the looks of it. Not for the faint of heart and light in the wallet.

In any event, if it's not fixable, you can get your 200 back easy enough.

both cars look rough as can be. You could buy either car already restored cheaper than you could fix either one. Cool cars if in good shape, but neither car is a very valuable car done either. JMHO

not saying its worth the price of the restoration , but for me personnaly the challenge to restore a car that is 1 of 79 made , and didnt run for the last 30 yrs ,,, you got me brainwashed and im getting this as a personnal goal , the satellite s gonna be the parts car for the r,runner , yes they ae very rusted , i nthe back area its completly finished but everything once it will be out of there will be sandblasted to see what can be saved , i might buy a donor car to cut or transfer everything

Wow , nice find . I've seen cars in much worse condition brought back to life , I' like to drop by and see this build in progress .
a friend of mine had a green 74 440 GTX , great car .

not saying its worth the price of the restoration , but for me personnaly the challenge to restore a car that is 1 of 79 made , and didnt run for the last 30 yrs ,,, you got me brainwashed and im getting this as a personnal goal , the satellite s gonna be the parts car for the r,runner , yes they ae very rusted , i nthe back area its completly finished but everything once it will be out of there will be sandblasted to see what can be saved , i might buy a donor car to cut or transfer everything

I applaud the effort, and the enthusiasm, keep us posted on the progress! There have def been cars worse than that restored.

Man the Black one looks like it is about to rip in half, it looks bowed up in the back this will indeed be a Hell of a project.

i know i never said it was easy... but with all the parts we have now compared to 15 yrs ago , and with all the things ive seen , you cant trow a car that is 1 of 79 , maybe for some its nothing but for me its like if i found a real hemicuda , never been into b-bodies , i always prefered A and E , but a gtx 440 ??? to part it out and ruin it , and make the other ones worth more ??? nahh ... im sorry , its only the fact the shell is in very very bad condition , no more rear floors or frame rails or trunk floor.... but all the rest of the front is there , engine bay , fenders , roof , interior , numbers are everywhere , ( real location ) and how can you ask more to have a 73 satellite to have the rest of the parts needed , for 400 $ you have all the mechanics , all the numbers , and a hell of a goal and rarety :)

Pretty cool find! Keep us updated on it and post some more pics as you dig them out!

[ame]https://youtu.be/RbGK2ehE_ro[/ame]

I think your biggest problem will be the underside. As tires go flat and the car sinks, the belly of the car is right on a big sponge - the moist earth. That does not look like arid climate for sure. Be careful pulling on them.

Nice find!!! I never knew these existed!! But seeing how that roadrunner is sagging in the middle you might wanna get in there with a welder and some square tubing and weld braces into the car b4 you try to pull it out!!

Boy have I seen that happen before. If anything you could find a good roller and make a clone with all the hard to find stuff (I assume its hard to find) off the GTX.

I (along with alot of others) have been watching a 340 auto E body cuda rot away near my house for YEARS. Several people have tired to buy it, but he wont sell. Something about his son. Could be one of those sad vietnam deals. IDK. But for sure the car is gone.

cool find though.

-
Back