not a bad day at all

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
went to a benefit car show for cancer research. It is one of my favorite shows. not because of the trophys, but because of the charity and the people attending. I won a "top 40 " trophy and I received a $50.00 gift card to Dillards department store and a $25.00 gift card to a local pizza shop. What the hell am I going to do at Dillards. ............your right, momma scarfed that up. I guess she is going shopping tomorrow after church. My son received a trophy for " best unfinished ". The Duster came down with a brake light problem today so I guess I will try and figure it out while she goes shopping. It was a great day.

Attachments

• DSC04761 (Copy).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC04762 (Copy).jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 289
Congratulations! That's awesome! The first show i entered was with my 64 valiant more door. It was a cancer benefit show. I had fun just knowing that it was for charity! Makes ya feel good don't it?!

Damn dude, do you go anywhere without getting some kinda trophy? Congrats man, that's too cool.

thanks guys, it does feel good to attend something that goes for a good cause. I try and attend car shows where my money goes for a good cause. johnny, I don't know what you are talking about a clutch fan. Marty, I will have my mirrors next weekend at the car show. I will post pics of the project I have been working on for a year. Bill

What is the car on the trophy?

Looks like a Duster or nova.

Congrats, too...

YY1, the car on the trophy is a 57 Chebby. I have never seen a Mopar on a trophy at a car show yet. don't know why.

What are you going to buy at Dillard's?

I have yet to go to a judged event and win with anything of my own. Congrats.

thanks Dave. I am not going to even walk in Dillards. That is not my cup of tea. After the trophys were handed out and we were walking back to the car, my wife said to me," I can use that to buy an outfit I have been looking at there". I said.........hop to it. I guess you could say that is the price of doing business. She has been with me every week at these shows and I don't mind her having it. I even said to her. " baby, see how much I love ya"........... The pizza gift can will be used next month at a show that is 2 blocka away from where the show is going on. works out good for lunch that day.

Congratulations on a good day, Dillards does have socks and briefs.

so does Walmart. if I can let her shop and be happy, that goes a long way towards her keeping me happy if you get my drift. You learn that the longer you stay married and the older you get.

-
Back