Not a Mopar

-
Chewing up Porsches & Jags and spitin-em out! Damn! Never saw him get passed. Talk about bucket list! Would love to see the flames every time he lifted goin in a corner. Looks like a hand full. Cool vid!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGdQk2GUT7c"]Ford Fairlane at Nürburgring. - YouTube[/ame]

I would love to see a A body built to run there

Would love to see the car and specs. on it! Catches another gear at 200 MPH, WOW!

its in km/hr. Still an impressive speed though

Agreed on wanting to see the specs, I need to know how you make an old car do what that thing did.

That is a bad *** car. I wonder how many went home crying after that whooping

Hi, O.T.R.

Did ya ever hear of the Green Brick Valiant built and raced by Rick Ehrenberg at Mopar Action magazine?
I dunno if a small block stroker would hold up at the Ring, but the car was competitive in SCCA racing!

BC

I would love to see a A body built to run there

Hi, O.T.R.

Did ya ever hear of the Green Brick Valiant built and raced by Rick Ehrenberg at Mopar Action magazine?
I dunno if a small block stroker would hold up at the Ring, but the car was competitive in SCCA racing!

BC

I have and read about it at the time. But have to say the Fairlane is at a different level of car.

I have and read about it at the time. But have to say the Fairlane is at a different level of car.

No disagreement from me. The Green Brick was built for SCCA road racing, and I'm thinking the Ford was a drag car rebuilt for the Nuremberg run(s). I don't know. This was the first time I'd seen the Fairlane at the Ring, never knew anything about it. Does not diminish the accomplishments of both teams

Reminds me of the time I saw the John Mecum corvettes and an early (front-engine Chapparel mostly chasing a little porsce powered rig around the Green Valley road course near Dallas. The "muscle cars" blew everything else away down the long straight, then the little guy made it all up and a little bit more on the twisty backside of the track. Brute force against quick and nimble! Almost fifty years ago...wish I could remember who won, but a spectacle to be sure!

BC

No disagreement from me. The Green Brick was built for SCCA road racing, and I'm thinking the Ford was a drag car rebuilt for the Nuremberg run(s). I don't know. This was the first time I'd seen the Fairlane at the Ring, never knew anything about it. Does not diminish the accomplishments of both teams

Reminds me of the time I saw the John Mecum corvettes and an early (front-engine Chapparel mostly chasing a little porsce powered rig around the Green Valley road course near Dallas. The "muscle cars" blew everything else away down the long straight, then the little guy made it all up and a little bit more on the twisty backside of the track. Brute force against quick and nimble! Almost fifty years ago...wish I could remember who won, but a spectacle to be sure!

BC

If they had today's technology I wonder how it would have been back in the day. sure kind of gives you something to think about.

As far as the green brick it was amazing to see how he got the car to handle and the surprised looks on other faces. I have been looking at firm feel inc parts to improve my car.

If they had today's technology I wonder how it would have been back in the day. sure kind of gives you something to think about.

As far as the green brick it was amazing to see how he got the car to handle and the surprised looks on other faces. I have been looking at firm feel inc parts to improve my car.

I'm looking at the same stuff - and my wallet!

BC

-
Back