Not an A body but still Mopar NEED HELP!

-

6dart9

Reaction score
I have an 05 Dodge Magnum RT. It has the 5.7L Hemi and the Triptonic transmission.

Tonight coming home from dinner it all of a sudden got stuck in gear or in between gears. Has anyone herd of it or had the same type of problem in something similar. I have a warranty but after i shut the car off and restarted it it was fine

Also when it did it the triptonic to shift it manually did not work
Any insight to this problem would be helpful there is 40k miles on it.
Thanks
Justin

You'll have to check for codes stored in the TCM or trans control module. A lot of powertrain codes will make the transmission default to limp home mode(full line pressure and usually 2nd gear) After cycling the key, the code probably went into history and the car went out of limp mode. You should still be able to read the code, though.

How do i check those codes? no light came on, on the dash.

Makes sense though

thanks!

To check faults in the TCM you will need a starscan or equal diagnostic tool, Will most likly need to be done at a dealer or professional repair shop. I'm going to guess it has a 545RFE Trans. I have seen a few times where the shift control module gets a short/locks up and locks up the TCM, this condition normaly goes away after restart because the modules reboot. Can be a tuff one to diag. if it is not acting up all the time. If it was mine I would check to system for faults and then continue to drive it to see if condition reoccurs. If you get any faults post them up and I'll do my best to help

-
Back